monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Super Affiliate?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by SonicReducer, Dec 12, 2006.

1. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Affiliate affiliate

I see that term used a lot, but I haven't heard a good definition of a super affiliate. Is there a monthly income threshold that is generally used to define this status?

2. monetizer
  3. Larwee

Larwee <b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator< affiliate

There are a number of different thoughts on what constitutes a super affiliate. Some say it is an affiliate who earns $10,000 or more a month from one particular source. Other dollar amounts are also used.

What it gets down to is a super affiliate is an affiliate who produces a huge number of sales within a short period of time. Often this will be as much as dozens, hundreds or even a thousand or more other affiliates would produce in a month.

People don't seem to be able to agree on exactly what a super affiliate is, but they know one when the see one.

4. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Affiliate affiliate

Thanks for the answer. Now I know where i stand :)

5. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

What I've heard is the "standard" if there is one, is 10K plus a month total affiliate income, not from just one program.

6. Larwee

Larwee <b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator< affiliate

I probably didn't fully explain my answer, but I also agree with what Linda said.

Keep in mind that there isn't an exact accepted standard. The more general statement I made about a super affiliate being one that produces a huge amount of sales within a short period of time might give a general idea. But the $10,000 a month from all programs is one I've also heard.

When I mentioned one program, I was talking about what some specific programs consider as being a super affiliate for their program. That person often produces more than dozens or hundreds of other affiliates in a month for them and I've seen the $10,000 a month figure used by them in some cases as being a super affiliate for that program. I have also seen smaller amounts being used.

The super affiliate is a very big producer, but there are different ideas as to what specifically a super affiliate is.

7. _AI

_AI New Member

I would have to agree with Larwee as $10k as an appropriate figure.

But, there is another definition that is sometimes used to describe a super affiliate. This person does not have to be making $10K a month per se (even though they probably are). This person could have a well established mailing list, that you go to when you have a product launch.

These people are usually high sought over, and pull in an extra 200-300 sales just by sending out an email promotion. The original merchant would consider this person a super affiliate if they didn't work with them on a regular basis. If everytime this merchant had a product launch or another promotion, they contacted the other person, and have a close business partnership with that person, then that person would most likely be referred to as their JV partner.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI