The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Submit rss feed instead of a sitemap?

jmk909er

affiliate
Someone on the wordpress forum suggested that I should submit an rss feed instead of a sitemap in GWT so it quits picking up outdated links.

Does that sound right???

Thanks, Joe

Part of my reasoning is that Google is already pretty good at picking up RSS feeds and WordPress will auto ping search engines with each new post.

There is a sitemap plugin for WordPress which updates your Google Webmaster console each time you updated a page ect.

Submitting rss feed gets you autopilot backlinks. I will never ignore this. But won't do it in GWT. Submit it to bulkping.com
Someone on the wordpress forum suggested that I should submit an rss feed instead of a sitemap in GWT so it quits picking up outdated links.

Does that sound right???

Thanks, Joe

Ok First Autopilot Backlinks? As you mention you go to google to tell them to ping me but in my case I do not have its all on autopilot and save me time. This is how the process work. I post on my blog then it goes to my feedburner "google" feed, Google ping it there and bing follow google. My posts just do not stop there. I have submitted my RSS feedburner feed with Podcast to 25 different RSS Directories like feedagg.com and more. My post goes to these rss with link back to my posts. People who subscribe to the topic I am writing instantly got my article delivered to them whether they have subscribed to me or not thanks to RSS Directories. And also these directories delivered content to many sites which gives me HQ backlinks on autopilot without me lifting a finger. I just write an article and post it on my blog. I hope this answer your question. Any doubt please get back. Thanks for your reply
??? What are "autopilot backlinks"?

Never heard of bulkping.com. Just generate the RSS file and tell ping Google and Bing where it is via Webmaster Central.

MI
Back