The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SubID Help Please!

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
Ya know, on my last IQ test, I scored 133 - not brilliant but not stupid, except when it comes to math. Still, I am having a hell of a time with subIDs! The AM was good about trying to explain everything but I get caught up in the numbers. I just learned that the s1 is ONLY for a single static site. Oops.

I've read Luke's post about setting up subIDs, greatly helpful but I still need the number part demystified. Do I use &s1=FB&s2=US (just as an example, the AM sent me this) - stringing the numbers together on ONE static site then use &s2=7S&s3=CA (whatever) for all other traffic sources? Can I reuse those numbers? I'm so confused.

I need the idiot's version, if anyone can dumb down enough to try to explain it to me. Pretend you're talking to a kindergarten kid. That should work perfectly.

I was going to put this post in the Success and Bragging thread, as I sent more than 4,000 clicks that are considered non-compliant because I used s1. Might be a record of some sort. Luckily, it only cost me $15. Assuming we don't factor in the embarrassment.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

Thank-you,
Shirley

You will want to use SubIDs to track variables that you can use to segment your traffic.

So, with 7Search I recommend using 2 of the SubID variables:
s1=###KEYWORD###
s2=###AFFID###-###RID###

Simply put, s1 will save your keywords and s2 will save the publisher data from 7Search.

The important thing to realize about SubIDs is that there is NO NEED TO USE THEM ALL THE TIME. A lot of new publishers get caught up in how they work when in all honesty, they probably don't even need to use them. For 7Search, copy what I pub above and you'll be good to go :)

Thx, Luke!

I have two questions:

1) the whole s1 has to be used only for a static site thing....does that mean I can only (for instance) use it for 7Search? And does that count since they are only the go-between? And when I'm done promoting the link there, can I then move it to another site/platform without getting into trouble? I realize we're talking about a different network but I'm hoping subIDs work the same universally.

2) the way you laid it out above...do I string it together like this?: <link>s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###-###RID###

I don't really need subIDs?? Wonderful! I did that initially but then I had no tracking data. I also didn't just stick with one site when buying advertising, so not sure what will happen there, since the s1 is always at the end of the link. Maybe nothing bad. Hopefully.

Well I kinda offered some humble help in this post... http://www.affiliatefix.com/f22/mobicow-6899/index2.html#post54495 , but since I didn't get a response, I thought you had it sorted out by now or just plain shot me down :p. You're still one of my favorite posters though, heh ;)

But giving very technical advice in the form of forum posts, can be a bit frustrating and inneficient for both parts, I always prefered the "hands-on" real time approach for that. Either way, I hope you get it fixed and earning very soon.

Good luck & profits, cheers! :D

[video=youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Thx, Luke!

I have two questions:

1) the whole s1 has to be used only for a static site thing....does that mean I can only (for instance) use it for 7Search? And does that count since they are only the go-between? And when I'm done promoting the link there, can I then move it to another site/platform without getting into trouble? I realize we're talking about a different network but I'm hoping subIDs work the same universally.

2) the way you laid it out above...do I string it together like this?: <link>s1=]

1) you can have an infinite number of variables as s1, s2, or s3. We take whatever you put into s1 and add it to your reports for that click.
2) You would just add this to the end of your trkur.com link: &s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###-###RID###

It would look something like trkur.com/tk?o=1&p=1&s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###-###RID###

Well I kinda offered some humble help in this post... http://www.affiliatefix.com/f22/mobicow-6899/index2.html#post54495 , but since I didn't get a response, I thought you had it sorted out by now or just plain shot me down :p. You're still one of my favorite posters though, heh ;)

But giving very technical advice in the form of forum posts, can be a bit frustrating and inneficient for both parts, I always prefered the "hands-on" real time approach for that. Either way, I hope you get it fixed and earning very soon.

Good luck & profits, cheers! :D

Doh! Sorry, DJ, I completely missed your response! I will PM you, thanks!

Funny, I just heard that song on the radio about 3 minutes ago. :)

Thx, Luke!

I have two questions:

2) the way you laid it out above...do I string it together like this?: <link>s1=]

1) you can have an infinite number of variables as s1, s2, or s3. We take whatever you put into s1 and add it to your reports for that click.
2) You would just add this to the end of your trkur.com link: &s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###-###RID###

It would look something like trkur.com/tk?o=1&p=1&s1=###KEYWORD###&s2=###AFFID###-###RID###

THANK-YOU!

Now, I can fearlessly try again. Luke, I sooooo appreciate your help!

Thought I would pop in here and say thanks! to Luke again. I used this format exactly on a new campaign....I made a happy noise when it worked. :)

I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with these things!

Also, thanks to DJ for the extra help and tutoring I so sorely needed!

I've been using my own tracking methods for years, I guess I never trusted any data but my own. Plus i've only ever been interested in clicks I recv and where they came from. I setup a campaign and normally will promote it in various networks or ad platforms. Each place I setup an add I set a key=source --- something like bounce.php?key=7s. the bounce page reads the key updates db and forwards the user to the LP - I get data of where the click came from (source), country click originated. I mange my keywords within the network but the other reason I do this is in the event the offer isn't working for me but have something else to offer the same traffic source rather than changing the campaign I just alter the bounce file to redirect to a new offer...

MI
Back