The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Struggling Newbie (Need Help!)

Anthonyyeee

Hey everyone, just a bit of background about myself to help others understand my situation to help me out.

I am an 18-year-old Canadian and recently started my affiliate marketing journey. I found CPA marketing to be my starting point. I began in late October 2017 and sadly, have struggled ever since. After reading forums, blogs, articles etc. since March of 2017, I felt ready to tackle internet marketing... boy was I wrong. I set up my domain/hosting, tracker, spy tool and picked a niche(dating) and traffic source (Media buying) to get started.

I launched my first campaign in October promoting CPL dating offers through TrafficStars with Maxbounty. I knew that U.S was the country to stay away from as a newbie so I decided to launch in Canada. (My first mistake). After investing around $1000 on Trafficstars, I only made back around $125. I think the reason I failed was because I didn't test/optimize properly and chose a GEO that was too competitive. This campaign lasted until near the end November until I finally gave up. I then did a bit of research to better understand why I failed so miserably and thought that it would be better to promote in a tier 2 or 3 country as there would be less competition. So I then launched another campaign in Norway promoting CPL dating offers on Exoclick and decided to use Clickdealer for offers. This second campaign went a bit better! From December 20 to January 7, I spent about $390 and have gotten back $351. During this time, I have been testing my whole funnel: creatives/LPs/offers and have played around with my targeting. The problem I have now is that I'm losing hope. As I continue to test and optimize I have this feeling that I'm doing everything wrong.

Here are my questions: Should I continue optimizing and testing this campaign even though I've noticed I haven't been able to increase my ROI? Have I been testing and optimizing my campaign too long (19 days) in which the campaign has lost all chances of being profitable? and lastly, should I continue in this niche? There are mixed opinions about dating as some say it is too hard to handle for newbies while I've read articles that say otherwise.

Any help with these questions would be great!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just a bit of background about myself to help others understand my situation to help me out.

I am an 18-year-old Canadian and recently started my affiliate marketing journey. I found CPA marketing to be my starting point. I began in late October 2017 and sadly, have struggled ever since. After reading forums, blogs, articles etc. since March of 2017, I felt ready to tackle internet marketing... boy was I wrong. I set up my domain/hosting, tracker, spy tool and picked a niche(dating) and traffic source (Media buying) to get started.

I launched my first campaign in October promoting CPL dating offers through TrafficStars with Maxbounty. I knew that U.S was the country to stay away from as a newbie so I decided to launch in Canada. (My first mistake). After investing around $1000 on Trafficstars, I only made back around $125. I think the reason I failed was because I didn't test/optimize properly and chose a GEO that was too competitive. This campaign lasted until near the end November until I finally gave up. I then did a bit of research to better understand why I failed so miserably and thought that it would be better to promote in a tier 2 or 3 country as there would be less competition. So I then launched another campaign in Norway promoting CPL dating offers on Exoclick and decided to use Clickdealer for offers. This second campaign went a bit better! From December 20 to January 7, I spent about $390 and have gotten back $351. During this time, I have been testing my whole funnel: creatives/LPs/offers and have played around with my targeting. The problem I have now is that I'm losing hope. As I continue to test and optimize I have this feeling that I'm doing everything wrong.

Here are my questions: Should I continue optimizing and testing this campaign even though I've noticed I haven't been able to increase my ROI? Have I been testing and optimizing my campaign too long (19 days) in which the campaign has lost all chances of being profitable? and lastly, should I continue in this niche? There are mixed opinions about dating as some say it is too hard to handle for newbies while I've read articles that say otherwise.

Hi @Anthonyyeee,
You're trying well and Have you tried with only one dating vertical ?
I can say keep trying, never give up.

Hey man, I'm no expert but you should read through my journey it may help a little from scratch there's some helpful advice in there from others too.

You also need to know how much you're gonna spend on a campaign (initial test budget) and stick to it when first starting a campaign then analyse and improve. The basic formula for this is:
(Number of Offers) x (Number of Landers) x (Average Offer Payout) x 10 = Test Budget

Also how many offers are you testing when you run? Test as many as you can because the offer can make or break campaigns and they are the most important part. Stick to tier 2/3 countries definitely and try to focus on your EPV being higher than your CPV.

Should I continue optimizing and testing this campaign even though I've noticed I haven't been able to increase my ROI? Have I been testing and optimizing my campaign too long (19 days) in which the campaign has lost all chances of being profitable? and lastly, should I continue in this niche? There are mixed opinions about dating as some say it is too hard to handle for newbies while I've read articles that say otherwise.

What are you currently doing to optimize the campaign? When you say for 19 days, what have you done in that time. About the niche, you just gotta test mate and see what is right for you, sometimes just take what people say with a pinch of salt, people contradict others everywhere on blogs etc as not everything that works for person A will work for person B and vice versa.

I think you should go with the vertical you feel you are best at, or know more about. Test as many offers possible, split test LP's, networks, traffic sources etc.

Like I said, I'm no expert, but IMO nobody is, things constantly change and nobody knows everything there is to know and people constantly adapt, learn new things everyday :)

Write yourself your own step by step strategy and stick to it, and as you progress, make it better :)
Wish you luck with campaigns mate, never give up!

What do you mean by "one dating vertical"? Bit confused by the question
I mean you have mentioned about that you're promoting dating offers. You can try with other verticals Sweepstakes, Surveys, Gambling, Insurance, Financial etc according to your traffic sources.
@Anth24 Has given well formula, which may help you to make plan and test with your budget.

Last edited:
Hey, would you consider changing your Niche? I can help with most traffic sources and most GEOs. I needed I can provide daily reports to help with optimization and go over your campaigns with you on daily/weekly/monthly basis to see what is working best for you. add me on Skype if you would like to discuss further - andrea-reefmedia

Hey Anthonyyeee , i think you really do try with this dude, but what i will just tell you is that you have chosen a vertical with a lot of competition. Really, the dating offers are really difficult to handle even for really experimented marketers, so just keep testing and optimizing, if you really want to keep working with this, cause no matter where you target, you will face huge competition with this niche. keep just working hard with this, and make it dude.

hi, my problem is getting accepted by CPA networks, 3 of them have already rejected my applications and im realy confused at the moment because i think my application is been rejected because im from Nigeria

hi, my problem is getting accepted by CPA networks, 3 of them have already rejected my applications and im realy confused at the moment because i think my application is been rejected because im from Nigeria
Nah, your location doesn't matter i guess, you should only target the one ad-networks that have low entry conditions, and try to get there. Unfortunately, there are several networks out there that don't really trust newbies, so it's pretty tough to start with them. try to earn more about what network has little requirements and join them. Good luck bud!

Hi Anthony,
I have been doing adult affiliate marketing without paying anything and quite successful and if you are really into it you can earn more then 15 000 USD a month without any investment from your side...they also provide you with free domain so that you can create site by your self then promote it...

Sounds too good to be true, all free? I doubt it especially considering you only have 8 posts I assume you are pushing your own platform, or whatever this "top dollar dating" is. Also everyone helps everyone within the forum and taking things to skype prevents others from learning from posts here on AffiliateFix

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds too good to be true, all free? I doubt it especially considering you only have 8 posts I assume you are pushing your own platform, or whatever this "top dollar dating" is. Also everyone helps everyone within the forum and taking things to skype prevents others from learning from posts here on AffiliateFix

I have been working with them for years now...it is true that everything is free why would i lie about that lol....honestly at the beginning i was hesitating my self also until i tried...considering how much Anthony has lost i lost absolutely nothing there only a few days until i learned how to do it..and its quite easy especially if you do have some affiliate experience i had zero experience when i started so it took me a few days till i learn it...
All the best

I have been working with them for years now...it is true that everything is free why would i lie about that lol....honestly at the beginning i was hesitating my self also until i tried...considering how much Anthony has lost i lost absolutely nothing there only a few days until i learned how to do it..and its quite easy especially if you do have some affiliate experience i had zero experience when i started so it took me a few days till i learn it...
All the best

Alright whatever you say.. Let Anthony decide what he thinks about what you're writing, personally in my opinion it's too good to be true, but this isn't my thread so I'll leave you to it.

I hear there is a lot of money in rocket ships so I will invest all my money in a rocket ship factory without knowing anything about the rocket ship market and its buyers. Eldon Musk has money to burn (apparently :) ) I don't

^Why do you choose *Internet dating*? and what do you know about the business -- is the gist of my statement.

Graybeard, Feb 7, 2018

MI
Back