The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Strange Adwords Test?

MoMoMoney

affiliate
Could somebody tell me what just happened. I am trying to learn how to use adwords and ran a test. I ran a add for Panic Away and put this is my url and put my clickbank url as the destination. I then ran the ad on one specific keyword exact match.

About an hour later, I came back in Adwords and it said my ad was running but when I typed in the keyword (exact match) i didn't see my ad running. I then clicked on a few of the ads and one was for PanicPortal url and it showed a Panic Away landing page. I clicked through to the Clickbank orderpage and it showed my affiliate id at the bottom????

Can anybody explain why my clickbank id would be on an ad that i did not run (the description lines were different also).

That is VERY odd. I know how it would happen the other way around - someone else's hoplink takes credit for your sale, but have no idea how it could happen in reverse.

Careful clicking other people link cuz you charge them every time you do. Get PPC Web Spy then it will show you all the click through urls and you can click without chargeing them. It also shows you their keywords, so you may pick up a new idea. Watch the demo, pretty amazing FREE software.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

I have never encountered before.
How many ad are you running at the time?
Did you check if anyone click on your ad after you run the ad?

Thanks Linda, i downloaded the free version of PPCspyweb. I definately don't want other people getting charged for clicking on their ads.

I did a quick test with one keyword exact match with the keyword in the title of the ad to see what type of quality score i would get for the publishers landing page.

I was told by someone else that it could have happened because i hadn't cleared my cookies. Don't know?

MI
Back