The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Steps to Affiliate Success

nicknite86

affiliate
Many people today think that affiliate marketing is very easy and that you could make money online without doing anything. It is very true that affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to earn money; however, some effort is definitely required before you can see income rolling in.

Many misconceptions linger around that get people to become easily discouraged once they start down a path to financial freedom. For example, when I first started I thought I was going to make a website, sit back, and make a fortune just like that; but, it doesn?t work like that. After these unrealistic dreams were crushed I began to focus on the realistic side of things and realized that effort and creativity is needed in order to make real money online. Do not believe anyone that says you can become rich overnight, because this is not true and more than likely they are aiming at your natural greed impulses and are looking to get your credit card payment.

There is a big difference between making money online and making a living online. Some people who just make money online still have their ?9 to 5? jobs, and they?ll just make random bursts of money here and there but not enough to sustain an actual living. In order to make a living online and ?live free? be ready to think outside the box; yet, you do not have to re-invent the wheel. In other words, seek routes that will make money outside the traditional path because usually the traditional path is crowded and in turn this will take you a longer time to attain real income.

There are many ways to make money through affiliate marketing without using the traditional route. For example, many people attempt to hammer in the belief that you need a website to make money. This is not true either because the idea to needing a website is a myth. Making money with affiliate marketing can be done through many means; for example, article marketing, forum marketing, cpa offers (once a cpa network approves you), and even marketing through social media such as Facebook or Youtube. Simply having an affiliate link can be enough to make you commissions, so the need for a website is automatically thrown out.

There are a few guidelines you should follow before truly establishing yourself online:

1.) It is necessary to invest some money if you really want to succeed online and start earning big commissions. A website, autoresponder, and performance tracker will require money. Furthermore, you will need to drive massive amounts of traffic to your website. Advertising can be done in many forms, whether it is free or paid, and two forms are pay-per-click (PPC) and Adsense.

2.) Hard work and effort will be needed to build your affiliate marketing business. There is no way around it. This is particularly important during the early stages of building your business because you will need to write articles, make videos, join forums, attain leads, target profit pools, and/or find the right niche. You can also outsource many of the tasks such as web design, copywriting, etc. Outsourcing is a great way to leverage other people?s time in order to save your own.

3.) Internet marketing is an ongoing experience and thus you will constantly need to keep learning. This means that you will need to keep up to date in order to stay in line with the most effective marketing techniques and strategies.

4.) Having confidence and faith in yourself as an individual is crucial. It is critical that you align yourself with your goals and a success oriented mindset. You will meet challenges and obstacles, but by being resilient, persistent and consistent you will be able to tackle them and not stop until they are resolved. Having this stance and mindset will help you to keep working on your business until you are successful and earning huge commissions.

5.) Get a mentor. Learning Internet Marketing on your own can be overwhelming and a mentor can be that extra boost you?ll need to quit your day job and live the type of life you want. Like the wisdom in the words of Isaac Newton, ? If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.?

In short, succeeding in affiliate marketing is more than possible if you are able to locate the right resources, put in some effort, have the desire for a better life, and remain determined.

Great tips

I agree, internet marketing with a website and affiliates is defanately not the quick solution to make money as most "how to create a website" experts make it to be.

It is a big learning curve if you do not have any experience about websites. Patience is also very important. Most newbies start with the idea to see money within there first 30 days. This is wrong. Rather start with no expectations and gather an audience for your site. Then start monetizing with CPC and affiliates. It is more important to first establish your site and get people involved than to start right away with CPC ads. The quality of your site will be much better if you focus on attracting people. See your site as the product you will sell as appose to the ad or affiliate you will promote.

I completely agree. I cannot stress enough on how important the content information is. For example, If i have a blog that promotes one product I will post useful information so that the readers want to read it. It's not all about SEO, so my motto is "Give your readers/visitors useful information to make them come back for more!".

:)

It is easy for some people. But for other, it may seen easy but when doing it, many have fails. The failure is producing a disappointment which then making that person not willing to try it again.

Affiliate business is not an easy way out and has nothing to do with working less hours. In most cases, the hours you invest are much greater then with an average job.

The difference is that this time, it is your business, you are the boss.. and you DO CARE what happens! And, best of all, the extra hours, almost always pay off!

I agree that content is most valuable to those who are looking outside in, you can have some of the best graphics on a web page but if the content is not convincing enough or make you think it's not going to get you any where.

With good content shows affiliate you know what you are doing.

Affiliate business requires some learning and that is where many people fail. I think people need to know that there isn't any free money online. You can only earn it. If you are ready to start earning money online with an affiliate business simply pick a product that has a large market and create a site around it. You need to install an auto-responder on your site as well as create a blog in order to optimize your marketing efforts.

You will spend most of your time promoting your products. Some of the various ways to promote a site are SEO, blogging, article marketing, list building, classified ad, traffic exchange and many more.

John

Affiliate marketing is not easy to get started in. I don't know how some people can just pick it up and start making money in their first week.

There is a lot of good information for us newbies here. Does anyone know which of the big affiliate sites is best to use? I know they have been listed many times, but what would be your favorite? Clickbank .vs. neverblue etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot of good information for us newbies here. Does anyone know which of the big affiliate sites is best to use? I know they have been listed many times, but what would be your favorite? Clickbank .vs. neverblue etc...

Clickbank just because the commissions are a heck of a lot higher than with most other affiliate sites. You can't go wrong there.

I love first point
people always afraid to "waste" money and then try to find the other ways or try to find the free service but it is actually not "wasting money" but "investing money"
thx for sharing

@affiliatesuperdeal: I choose clickbank.

In my opinion, I think the hardest part about affiliate marketing is finding good people to run good traffic, not only quantity but quality too- but as long as advertisers are producing top offers, niche or unsaturated as they may be the other things that need to be looked at are the landing page, user friendly, short form conversion etc etc...not always just looking at how high the payout is ;)

Good little post here.

A lot of people also just spend too much time dilly dallying around on the computer rather than actually working. So the biggest thing is to actually WORK. Build links, create content, research markets, create and submit articles, do social bookmarking. Just do WORK. Don't hang on forums all day and stare at the computer, focus on creating a list of things to do and finishing them!

Many people waste way too much time starring at the computer or hanging in forums, don't do this!

MI
Back