The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

starting with just a product

aussiemarketer

affiliate
Hi, I am totally new and just starting. I wrote a retail marketing manual just a few years ago (for both online and offline marketing strategies) and sold $187,000 AUD worth at $295 each (hard copy only). I am wondering, where do I start to find out if an (updated) digital version of this would be something that might sell on the net and that people would be interested in affiliate selling or commission selling or something? I can probably get someone to help me with a website. would really appreciate some thoughts and 'where to start looking' information. thanks

Hi aussiemarketer,

Welcome. I don't have an answer to your question about whether it would sell or how to find out
but have some thoughts on the affiliate part of your question.

As far as affiliates selling it, this would be a B2B product and B2B affiliate programs are incredibly tough and for the most part there are not very many that have been successful. The only one I can even think of is Vista Print and that's because it is a low cost product and almost every business person needs business cards, so there is a broad market.

Your product is much more targeted and would require affiliates, I would think, that already have sites geared to the retail business market. The broad market of affiliates with mall sites and shoe sites and digital camera sites, etc. aren't going to be a good fit.

So that's my 2 cents on the affiliate part of the question.

(Moved this out of the newbie affiliate forum to the merchant/affiliate manager forum)

Hi Linda, I am honouref you have taken the time to help me. Thank you. I understand what you have said, and take your advice...hmmm, thank you, I really do apprecaite your support and anwer. Toni

MI
Back