The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Starting on PoF

bluedot

Hey guys,

I'm about to start my CPA journey with PoF. I've spent about two months reading various stuff and I'm in total information overload and not feeling ready at all. :p

Anyway, I need to start somewhere, so here we go. I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate some help.

1) I need a VPS. Would the Standard Package (29.99 USD/month) from BlueHost (VPS Hosting | Managed Linux VPS Web Hosting With cPanel - Bluehost) do the job?
2) I don't know what's happening in the world of PoF ads. I guess I could create an account there but I'd be seeing only specific ads probably. Should I subscribe to one of the Spy tool services? I see POFpro - Management, automation, and optimization platform for Plenty of Fish advertising being recommended a lot.

That's is it for now. :)

Thanks and talk to you soon. I'll update this thread regularity.

OK, this is what I have so far:

1) I'll go with the Basic VPS from BlueHost
2) I won't need POFpro yet (the price is too high for me at the moment)
3) I'll use Prosper202 for tracking.

What about the daily spend budget? Is 20 USD per day enough to get some meaningful data?

1. The basic vps is good enough

2. POFpro is not necessary now. But it will help when u are running lots of campaigns.

3. Prosper202 is great. I suggest you use this token - {creativeid:} pass it in your tracker and also use the token in the ad name. This will make tracking easier since you wont need to be assigning for each creative.

$20 a day is an ok budget. Keep this simple dont test too many variables with that much. Keep it simple.

Test a lot of creative till you find the ones that are bringing high CTRs and conversions.

Irs1995: Thank you!

Now that this is cleared, there were two offers recommended for me. One is for single parents (EPC 0.22, Payout 4.75 USD) and the other is a more general dating offer (EPC 0.12, Payout 2.75 USD). I only want to test one - should I go with the Single Parents offer?

Also, is there a way for me to see, how other people are promoting these offers? I want to get a general idea and then develop my own angle.

Thanks.

Irs1995: Thank you!

Now that this is cleared, there were two offers recommended for me. One is for single parents (EPC 0.22, Payout 4.75 USD) and the other is a more general dating offer (EPC 0.12, Payout 2.75 USD). I only want to test one - should I go with the Single Parents offer?

Also, is there a way for me to see, how other people are promoting these offers? I want to get a general idea and then develop my own angle.

Thanks.
l

Test whichever one you want.
Come up with 4 different angles, test them and find the one that brings u conversions. Test each angle atleast 2-3x the offer payout.
Once you have an angle that is bringing in conversions optimize that till you are profitable

STM has a POF spy tool which is great.
Otherwise you get some private proxy's make a few POF accounts and use them to spy.

Thanks for the good advice. My preparations are almost done, however, there are still a few unknowns for me in regard to hosting and domains.

1) When building a LP, should I use a WP template (like SiteOrigin, OptimizePress, or something similar), or should I just code it using HTML/CSS/jQuery (better loading times)?

2) Where do I put the LP's in? I'll be using one VPS for multiple LP's and offers. Do I create directories like /offer1-LP1/, /offer1-LP2/ etc. and leave the root directory on my hosting empty?

3) If I decide to promote dating for single parents, what type of URL's should I use for different angles? For example: LP1.singleparentsdating.com or singleparentsdating.com/LP1? Does this even matter?

Cheers.

Good Luck with your campaign. Hard work is gonna pay off.

1. To be honest, I have never used wp templates to make LPs. I find the traditional HTML LP made using Dreamweaver works the best. KISS - Keep It Simple and Stupid.

2. I normally do mydomian.com/offer/lp1 so I create directories like /offer/lp1/

3. That doesn't really matter, you don't need to create sub-domains for your LPs.
It can just be like mygeneraldatingdomain.com/offer/lp1
Be sure to use a TLD like .com, .net, .org, etc People feel more safe with does domains rather than using a free domain like .tk

Testing with a 20 USD budget and a 0.48 USD bid (for example) basically means that I'll get approximately 41.660 impressions per day? With a 0.15% CTR that's 62 visitors to my LP. So the bigger the testing budget, the more valuable data I get? If I test an offer for 5 days, that would be 310 visitors in total. I guess if the creatives are good, I should see at least some conversions with those numbers, right?

Thanks.

In the beginning you want be testing for the angles that are converting.
Come up with at least 4 angles to test your offer.
Once you find an angle that has brought in conversions.
Now, you will want to start optimizing for this particular angle.

Variables to test:
1. Images - most important one (this will reduce your CPCs)
2. Ad Title + Body copy
3. Age Groups
4. Landing Pages
5. Day and Week parting

Take up each of these variables and test them.

For images (after you have your winning angle) allow them to reach 2K-5K impressions.
Cut the ones that are giving you a CTR of less than 0.1%
Next, allow the images that are giving you a good CTR (0.1%+) to run till they reach 10K impressions.
And cut the images that have not brought you any conversions.

Keeping running an image as long as you are breaking even because at "breaking even stage" you are essentially gaining data for free.

This is the basic procedure I use to run campaigns on POF.

OK, I'm pretty much set up. I even registered an account on POF, but I don't see any relevant ads, since I'm from EU. Would it work if I buy private proxies or VPN's and create 2-3 profiles?

OK, I'm pretty much set up. I even registered an account on POF, but I don't see any relevant ads, since I'm from EU. Would it work if I buy private proxies or VPN's and create 2-3 profiles?

POF has good volume in US, UK, Canada, Brazil and Australia. Thats where affiliates are advertising.

Yeah, buy a few private proxies/VPNs from the above countries and use them to create profile.

You will be able to spy like that. Alternatively STM has a POF spy tool thats pretty useful to too.

I was able to see some ad/LP examples and most of the LP's look very similar. I guess this means that the concepts which they use is working fine. :) I'll create my own version from the stuff I saw and I'll also try to use my own "creativity" to find an edge.

I was on a vacation, my computer crashed, and I needed to update 30+ apps on GP, Amazon, and Samsung, so I'm a bit behind.

Anyway, I just finished my first lander, I have banners and the texts ready, I now need to set up the server and the tracker. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

banners
Back