The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Squidoo and Hub Pages

genuwine4532

affiliate
I saw a prior post about Hub Pages and Squidoo on this forum, I understand that it is a personal opinion page and that you can link to your own website on these sites, but I wanted to know If you are going to build a niche site about a particular subject, then wouldn't the two cancel each other out,
I mean should the squidoo and/or Hub Pages just give a general teaser about the niche or feature self-written articles and then the website should be bigger and more detailed, am I getting that right?
Thank you

I haven't really studied what people are doing in-depth and there may be different strategies but that's what I think most are doing and what I would do.

The other strategy I think, is that some people use one of those to test a market to see if it's viable before building a site. Then build the site, link to it from the lens or hub and then leave it as another front door with a teaser, but start putting most of the content on the site they own.

You just need to carefully read the TOS before doing it. I know lots of affiliates and SEOs that had blogs on Wordpress, just had their blogs deleted because the TOS says you can't use the WP hosted blog primarily to drive traffic to affiliate offers or link out to another site (for SEO purposes).

The other thing to consider is that Squidoo and Hubpages have already been pretty heavily gamed and spammed. I know for awhile at least Google had a problem with Squidoo. They are also pretty competitive at this point. So there may be some other options that spammers have ruined yet that could work out better. I'm not sure, just throwing it out there.

Genuine4532,

From personal experience Squidoo is great. Seth made it to be marketing friendly. The lens you build does not cancel out your site. It is intended to complement it. Squidoo lenses seem to get indexed quicker on Google then static webpages or blogs. It's basically like submitting articles that point back to your site but you have more control. I have a lens that I barely touch but get traffic from it. The only thing I do consistently is in the module I set up to display snippets from blog post. I have used Squidoo and it does work. Lenses are relatively easy to set up and publish. You can link back to your site or even affiliate sites. It helps with branding also. It's worth a try.

I haven't used HubPages yet but from what I have read it is similar to Squidoo. Both also have other ways to monetize your lens and hub page with Adsense, Amazon and other vendors as well.:cool:

Sounds good

Thanks for the info,
Yes Hub does link with Ebay and Amazon affiliate programs and Adsense, once you sign up they will run adds on your page relevant to content. Although they get partial commissions of your clicks/sales. 40/60 profit ration, 40 to them 60 to author.
I just wrote my first Hub Page, so we'll see, and I will post on Squidoo next and yes Linda it does seem like a great test market and to get practice in writing articles, I see that on Hub pages there is lots of traffic and "fans" for well written stuff...We'll see, I'll keep you posted

Yes I will

I will definately do that. I just posted my new hub page about 7 hours ago and have all ready had 20 views!...I think I'll quit my job tomorrow!!....just kidding:eek:

I didn't knwo Squidoo were doing that good. Are they dofollow btw? or does it matter to know if they are or not?

I am little newbie to these things. :D I hope you guys will suggest me good.

Squidoo

I am only posting on Hub Pages, not squidoo and the reason right now is that Squidoo editing tool has been disabled and so to post a quality article you have to know HTML, like to have bold and italics in your layout, if not you will have a crappy layout and it will not be reader friendly.

Hub pages however is very user friendly, you can post, view your traffic sources and lots more, and one of my articles did get to 1st and 2nd page of Google, thanks to Hub page rankings, it's not 10,000 visitors a day but its a start and
it will give you a very good education in writing, some seo and keyword tags, networking and the like. :)

Hubpages had one big drawback when I last used the site.

Your affiliate links are limited to those they provide. With Squidoo, I can place my own affiliates, like my Amazon affiliate stores, within any lens I create.

Since I am definitely a control freak, I thrive on that option!

:cool:

Yes Hub pages you share revenue with them

That is definetely true about HUB, the money generation is slow and weak and you only 60% of clicks and affiliate sales.

So true. One might do better writing articles for Associated Content or Constant Content, and getting an up front payment.

Of course, the best venue depends on your goals.

Hub Pages do have a reward

You are right, the best thing I got out of the Hub Page experience is again more hands on education as far as, writing good articles, traffic sources, what keywords are hot and the like. I think if you're new at this, as I am, this maybe of some help because it leads to other questions and answers in the Affiliate Biz:D

I haven't use Squidoo. Are they good? Do they use dofollow tags in the links?
I don't know how much traffic do they bring..

Squidoo is good

Squidoo may be even better than Hub pages, because you have total control of what is on your page, as far as banners and adsense
BUT
Squidoo is a total pain if you don't know HTML, they had an editing tool but it crashed so they took it off, now unless you just want to have a run through text, you have to use HTML to bold, italics, and the like, and use different capsules to separate your text into paragraphs

You can add unlimited tags, that part is easy

I'm a diehard Squidoo user, I use both of these mediums to boost my sales but I prefer Squidoo over hubpages for the simple reason that they gain more backlinks on average than my hubpages do. This is due to the huge network that is set up when you creaete a lens of backlinks within Squidoo itself. I have done NO promotion for 5-10 of my lenses and they came back with Google PR's of 4, which is the same as this forum.

I use squidoo and I like it. Yes, you do need to know some HTML but with so many free tutorials online. It is not difficult to learn.

The few pages that I have up actually have links to my website, but also the the product I am promoting. By using a mixture of both, it seems to help with having the teaser on squidoo and then using my own website for the more indepth stuff.

I have not used hubpages yet, but will be going into that in a short time.
The social networks are becoming huge online and trying to figure out where to begin can be quite difficult.

Yes the social networks are VERY powerful.

Especially Digg and Drop Jack,

I wrote two stories on my BLOG (which links to my website and squidoo lens) and drop jacked and dugg them both.
The next day they are both on Google Page 1 and have received several votes other than mine since AND this is for high comp KW's.

And this is not the first time this has happened, last time my blog entry stayed on G pg1 for over three weeks.

Also STUMBLE IT, with that bookmark you can actually STUMBLE your WEBSITE and it stays on their site as a backlink and is seen by many people. The day after I stumbled my new site I got 40 visitors to my site from there.

:D

MI
Back