The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Squidnews!

Roo

affiliate
Just thought I'd drop a line over here about a few new things over at squidoo!

First - They have added 10 more categories to the selection of categories to choose from. This means exposure for 1000 more lenses in the top 100 of their category!

Second - Payouts for July topped over $10 for the top 2,000 lenses! Also, as payrank is now calculated on an average lensrank for the month, which will make it fairer to those lenses that were getting puched down a tier by people making last minute edits and other sneaky tricks to get a higher lensrank at the end of the month.

and if anyone would like to give my lens about Talk Like A Pirate Day, The Harry Potter Prequel or Amazon Webstores some love while they are over on squidoo, it would be much appreciated :)

There is no stopping you Roo, well done. How you manage to put so many quality lenses online I do not know.

More grease to your elbow.

First - They have added 10 more categories to the selection of categories to choose from. This means exposure for 1000 more lenses in the top 100 of their category!

[/q:)uote]

Thank you for sharing your squidoo lenses and is squidoo effective in getting traffic for a site.
I don't particularly use squidoo for driving traffic anywhere except to affiliate links ;)

Though a well written article with appropriate links to your website will help, be careful of falling in the trap of writing a junk article with the sole purpose of directing traffic as this will not work. There are many lenses that attempt to do this and fail miserably due to just either copying text from the site and providing links or providing very little info and links.

Remember, squidoo is a social NETWORK, so if you participate in the community by favoriting lenses and joining fanclubs you will get people visiting your lens and possibly your site, but what it will also do is give your lens a higher visibility which will improve the PR of the lens and value of the backlink.

A word of advice when leaving comments on other lenses, many lensmasters disable html in comments and others will block or ban you from comments if you only leave comments to leave a link to your site or lens.

Good news indeed. The extra categories mean that 1,000 more lenses can be featured in the top 100 lists, and this month has been my best pay cheque ever from Squidoo. Can't wait for the Christmas shopping frenzy to kick off...

:)

Roo, I`ve given some love to your newer lenses. You`ve put a lot of hard work into them, well done. :yes:

BTW, anyone with any lenses which have a Google PR to them?

Click on one of the stars at the top of the page, (the higher the better).

You can also `favorite` other lenses, as well as becoming a `fan` of theirs.

Roo,

Must say you have done very well! The perry mason lens is very good in the serps for books!

@ Teamplayer, perry mason has a PR 4, BTW! ;-)

Wish you well Roo!

Will give you some more love later! :)

Second - Payouts for July topped over $10 for the top 2,000 lenses! Also, as payrank is now calculated on an average lensrank for the month, which will make it fairer to those lenses that were getting puched down a tier by people making last minute edits and other sneaky tricks to get a higher lensrank at the end of the month.

and if anyone would like to give my lens about Talk Like A Pirate Day, The Harry Potter Prequel or Amazon Webstores some love while they are over on squidoo, it would be much appreciated :)

Good to see some Lenses with PR. When I first created mine I saw a PR of 2,or it might have even been 3.

But, despite working on it reasonably frequently since then, I saw a drop to PR0.

I just wondered whether Google had a `thing` about Squidoo and treated them all negatively, but from the replies here, obviously that isn`t the case which is encouraging.

Roo, I`ve given some love to your newer lenses. You`ve put a lot of hard work into them, well done. :yes:

BTW, anyone with any lenses which have a Google PR to them?

Thanks!

Most of my top 20 lenses have a PR of 3 or 4, though a couple only have a pr of 2. Go further down through my lenses and they vary between being unrated and being 2's.

My latest lens - is about stock images, a subject close to the heart of many webmasters!

I've also been working on a blog lately to write about squidoo stuff.

MI
Back