The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Split test landingpages most effectively

V

Vitamin A

Yo, I am currently in the middle of optimizing my systen of Splittesting landers. CUrrently the approach is int he following order by doing simple AB splittesting.

After 2500 impressions there should be enough sifnificant data. I will aim for >85% confidence to cut, cause this allows me to splittest faster and pretty effective. No need for 99% confidence in simple adjustable changes.

1. Splittest Design/Angles
  2. Images
  3. Headlines
  4. Small adcopy change
  5. CTA

While doing this, I am just unsure what I should do with the winning controll campaign. If I choosed a winner for an angle and move over to Splittest images, should I let the controlcampaign with the initial image run too, or just run the lander with the new Image?

Is this wrong to do? I just think, if we have already enough data from the initial Lander, why should we run more traffic to it, the numbers wont really change anymore, right?

Also by splittesting Headlines. There are so many variations, I can come up with at least 10+ of them, how many should I try at one time? ONly A/B with headlines is really hard, since there is a lot of room for variations and being creative.

I think once you have a lander with a decent CTR (say at least 10%), then its time to test as many angles and headlines and images as you can. 10 headlines x 3 images each = 30 landers.

Put them into a test and see which converts the best.

I hope someone else can pitch in, I am trying to perfect my LP test process myself.

You are saying we should pout up 30 LPs at the same time? :O

Or you mean first let 3 landers run with 3 different images, find the winner und let it run with the winning image + 10 different headlines?

You are saying we should pout up 30 LPs at the same time? :O

Or you mean first let 3 landers run with 3 different images, find the winner und let it run with the winning image + 10 different headlines?

Headlines and Images usually go hand in hand. I meant, 10 different angles.

Say, if the headline is "Win a Free Vacation", the image would be something related to a Vacation right?

banners
Back