The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Spam

inactive_jumpenjuhosaphat

Facilitator
affiliate
I've been noticing a huge increase in spam in webmaster forums. I noticed quite a few in the purged forum here, and I've banned 15 or 20 members over that past few days at iwebtool...I wonder why it comes in surges like that....

Something strange, I haven't gotten(is that a real word?) any spam on my lost forum in 3 months...I guess it pays better to spam webmasters..;)

i think they use an automated software to auto post to forums. I have tried a software before call forumposter which mostly targets phpbb forums. i cant remember where i saved it.

i think they use an automated software to auto post to forums. I have tried a software before call forumposter which mostly targets phpbb forums. i cant remember where i saved it.

Its not hard with PHPBB, the script needs a re-write to be honest.

But with vBulletin, I doubt these spammers use automated programs. I think they sign-up and simply spam the forum. Simply because they're aren't that many links over a long period of time. They come in nice tidy clumps. Which, let's face it, is better compared to a small dribble in my opinion.

Jump,
This is my expereince at my second webmaster forum as well, its terrible :( I think they target all forums webmater or now. UK Forums Link Exchange SEO Web Promotion & Webmaster Resources used to be a dedicated link exchnage forum, I took it offline because I was feedup with spammers (it was a phpBB forum fighting spam there was more difficult and time consuming :(

I get a lot of spam on my directory too, how is Habaa? I would assume with a high profile site like that, you probably get a lot of spam there too.

Absolutely Jump, I get an awful lot of spam in the hundreds at Haabaa. I am developing a new script that will power haabaa, spam filter is one of the areas I gave the most focus to in haabaa V2.

Yeah, at triphp since going to vb weve had a massive influx of spam.
Ive decided to spend out on software to stop the automated spam.

Oh yes...no question..i beleive there is a database somewhere with vb sites to spam!

Yes, that is possible given the fact that vB is the most popular forum software, but its far easier to deal with spam in vB than phpbb.

Agreed. There are also some additional anti-spam mods and hacks for vB.
Maybe we could add one of them here too.

I was thinking the same thing Midi, the spam seemed to jump up a lot when we moved that to vBulletin....But the only way that would work that quick is if the good folks at Jelsoft were selling new site lists...I don't think they are though.

I actually think they crawl from site to site because when I have one such spam at this forum, aftera few mins, I have the same spammer at webmasterserver and on to the next of my forum that is linked from webmaster server.
Another quick was to find vB forums is to type in vB copyrigh info and you will find thousands of vB forums

It can be removed BUT you need to pay Jelsoft about $180 to remove it :( if you remove it without paying them, there is a company that monitors such thing for them, they will be down on your link a tonne of brinks with a few seconds of removing it.

MI
Back