The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Sort of New Here

dmward50

affiliate
Hi everyone,

I have been doing affiliate marketing for a few years, but I've found myself spending more of my time on activities that don't thrill me. Learning the ins and outs of coding interested me less than the broader picture of marketing, so I'm trying to move into affiliate management. I'm pretty excited about the change.

I work in pharmaceutical law right now. I have been a social worker, a substance abuse counselor, a public health educator (four years of that kind of work), a conference organizer, a case manager for HIV positive individuals, an activist, a tutor, a laboratory assistant, and so on. I'm also a trained ethnographer, writer and conflict manager. Perhaps I lack focus. ;)

Mostly, I'm hoping to use some of my experience in law and health combined with a strong academic pedigree for a guy in my 20's (I attended three ivy league schools and have a masters in cultural anthropology) to hopefully innovate with some marketing concepts that haven't been extensively used in this field. I think an understanding of culture can help teach you why people buy and I hope to use this understanding to advance some campaigns. For example, marketing weight loss as a health product is great in the US, but not in Eastern Europe where I was viewed as unhealthy for lacking a beer gut.

I also have some ideas on how law firms may be able to use affiliates (I also managed online marketing for an associate law firm for a little bit- wow- writing this makes me think I really lack focus :confused:). I hope that as I gain experience, I can do something with that.

So those are my goals in affiliate management. I want to get my hands into the field with the knowledge I have. I went through Lurn's training program and feel ready to jump in- just need clients. Then I hope to innovate with some new ways of doing affiliate marketing.

This forum seems to be the place to learn. I also hope I can contribute to on-the-ground affiliate marketers (does that term even make sense?) with some of my past experience- be that law, management, health, actual marketing, or whatever it is.

I live in Salt Lake for the time being with my wife and two kids- plus two cats and a very loud African parrot. I look forward to sinking my teeth into the information here and hopefully contributing in good ways!

MI
Back