The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

So has anybody worked with Clickbank?

ExoticMktr87

So im just wondering does anybody have any advice on promoting threw clickbank? Is it possible to just create landing pages without neccessarily having a blog? Im just starting out and thinking about going threw article marketing, but does anyone have any advice on how i could make that work because i heard clickbank could be hard if you dont know what your doing..? Any advice would be nice:confused:

It really depends on the product. But some of the products are ones that you will need to develop trust with the consumer and may be best sold thru building (and developing a relationship with) a list via your website.

If you are just starting you may find physical products and a known site such as Amazon easier to make a profit with.

Clickbank is a really good network but like the person above me said the best way is to build a site where you can gather a list that you can build trust with and then sell relevant products too.

Clickbank is a really good network but like the person above me said the best way is to build a site where you can gather a list that you can build trust with and then sell relevant products too.

I agree completely with @Pud. Building a a list (a database through a reputable autoresponder service supplier) is the most productive way to become wealthy long term. In fact fully 80% of my work fulltime from home income comes from the list I have built and carefully nurtured.

Having said that, one exception is when you are driving traffic (getting people to view your offers) using Pay Per Click advertising. In that case Google, and other PPC providers get a bit antsy about people clicking through and ending up on a squeeze page (a page where people have to supply their email address), so you tend to have to use other methods, ie:

1) Sending people direct to the vendors sales page - can be good for immediate sales if you carefully pick the product.

2) Sending people to a review blog - which contains affiliate links. But they are considerable work to set up and get to a standard that Googles human raters accept.

3) Sending people to a landing page (basically a page that pre-sells people on the offer), however Google treats these with a lot of suspicion too these days.

Nowadays I tend to only use PPC to test the offer and my backend funnel - $100 spent will usually tell me what I need to know about my conversions and potential profitably.

Choosing the right product is the key in this situation i believe. First step should be trying to promote products with higher gravity

Choosing the right product is the key in this situation i believe. First step should be trying to promote products with higher gravity
In

Interesting.

What make you say that?

In what way does it put money in your pocket?

And does your assertion apply in all niches?

So im just wondering does anybody have any advice on promoting threw clickbank? Is it possible to just create landing pages without neccessarily having a blog? Im just starting out and thinking about going threw article marketing, but does anyone have any advice on how i could make that work because i heard clickbank could be hard if you dont know what your doing..? Any advice would be nice:confused:
click bank has some great prducts to promote but i lean more to affiliate programs that have their own management and offer internet marketing material and there own traffic stats. Also I do not market any affiliate programs that offer less then 50% commision rates.

Like everyone else has stated it is important that you build a relationship with members and it is so important that you nlearn from the start that "the money is in thre list"
tim fleagle

Ii think that blog is not necessary to have. Squeeze page with opt in form is a must. You need to create a campaign in autoresponder and build a list. But hardest work will be getting traffic. It is something you have to learn and take action.

I believe it all comes down to your niche. Since you're just starting out, I say try PPC (Pay Per Click) with "adcenter". You can get vouchers from $50 to $400 to pay for your marketing, so it will be free! ;)

With Clickbank you can even just post affiliate links to Facebook and Twitter without the need for any website or blog at all. If you create a good following then it is possible to make money without a site.

As Jonrhodeuk said, you can just post you affiliate link or id around facebook or twitter or even related forums. This can result in sales...

However...

The downside to this method is that any sale (unless its a rebill) will be just a single one off sale, and unfortunately this is no good for building a long term successful online business.

As a few of the guys said above, your best bet (and the proper way) is to setup your own website. Now it doesn't have to be a big fancy site, a simple wordpress website or similar blog would do.

From your new site, you can easily integrate an autoresponder, and start to build a brand of your self or your site. By using this method you will be far more likely to succeed and make a decent living online in the long run.

Its not expensive to do, but will take you longer but the benefits and rewards certainly out weight the effort and time you put in.

Best of luck,

In

Interesting.

What make you say that?

In what way does it put money in your pocket?

And does your assertion apply in all niches?

I see @chuckgs didn't drop back to answer my questions.

No matter, I was being facetious and testing my guess that he was more interested in getting his post up (it was Post 2) than contributing.

I rest my case :p

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

As Jonrhodeuk said, you can just post you affiliate link or id around facebook or twitter or even related forums. This can result in sales...

However...

The downside to this method is that any sale (unless its a rebill) will be just a single one off sale, and unfortunately this is no good for building a long term successful online business.

As a few of the guys said above, your best bet (and the proper way) is to setup your own website. Now it doesn't have to be a big fancy site, a simple wordpress website or similar blog would do.

From your new site, you can easily integrate an autoresponder, and start to build a brand of your self or your site. By using this method you will be far more likely to succeed and make a decent living online in the long run.

Its not expensive to do, but will take you longer but the benefits and rewards certainly out weight the effort and time you put in.

Best of luck,

I would suggest that building a website not necessarily 'the best bet' (as a method of building a list (an email database of prospects and buyers) - it's just one way, and for most people and many niches it's a slow way. This is because it usually takes a considerable time to do the necessary work and get the site to rank highly enough in the search engines.

It could well take 3 months to get a decent ranking and therefore decent visitors in. Even then only, at best, 40% of those visitors will subscribe.

Contrast that slow growth with my putting 920 people on one of my IM lists last week completely without a website and an optin form being involved , something I can, and am doing week on weeks.

That's about 11, 000 subscribers in 3 months, and I can't imagine many websites (from a standing start) being able to to get enough visitors to match that in 3 months - even at 40% optin conversions.

So.. I would propose that building a website is just one way of building a list.

Hay AllanJames,

I think when it comes to building a brand of yourself or product, then you will need some sort of platform to do this, for example a website.

But having the ability to add 11,000 subscribers to any list in only 3 months is pretty amazing, well done.

Not that I don't believe you, but would you care to share your method (ie is it a paid method) or will we just take your word on it.

P.s Keep up the good work.

Hay AllanJames,

I think when it comes to building a brand of yourself or product, then you will need some sort of platform to do this, for example a website.

But having the ability to add 11,000 subscribers to any list in only 3 months is pretty amazing, well done.

Not that I don't believe you, but would you care to share your method (ie is it a paid method) or will we just take your word on it.

P.s Keep up the good work.

Firstly, I have nothing to prove (but I'll lay it out in detail for you at my ridiculously high 1 on 1 coaching rate if you like :) ) but yes, I use paid methods. Starts with a carefully tweaked capture page (converts up to 48.9%), a good sales funnel, and one of the methods uses interstitial ads (a full-page ad that appears before the actual webpage on carefully selected sites.)

Regards branding - I do have a website (affiliate training blog actually - as you can see top left of this post) but, really, branding is good (for example, if you were to Google my protected 'trade' name - not AllanJames, it's another one that I won't mention here in case I run foul of the no promotion rules - you would find over 1/4 million results) but branding can be done through your email series and several other, non website, means.

IMO, branding is a long term project whereas, for most people, it's more important (initially at least) to make regular sales -and this can be done quicker by email rather than developing and ranking a website.

I had a former colleague create Facebook fan pages for each of his Clickbank pages. He got lucky in the fact that one of his site got a lot of traffic from Facebook. From that point on, he cycled his other sites (which were on the same subject: dating) through that Facebook fan page. A little Adwords budgeting and Keyword jockeying, he got a lot of sales.

Simply, FB pages work, use it with an armada of sites/links and a little outside = hopeful profit. Hopefully this is relevant.

banners
Back