The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Sneaky tricks to get tons of StumbleUpon traffic

vishyjames

affiliate
I recently read a very poor report on a prominent blog, that basically didnt say much about the details on how one can use StumbleUpon to really drive traffic to their website. The writer did claim that he has gotten as many as 300,000 visits per month from his trick of stumbling funny humor photos on the StumbleUpon network - even though humor photos were off topic posts. The article had no real meat in it.

As a result, I thought I could share some really good tips and tricks for using StumbleUpon to drive website traffic, and I also invite readers to add in their 2 cents if I have missed anything.

:search:

The key to marketing on StumbleUpon is not to get “backlinks” (they have a no-follow tag anyway, so you dont get the Google love) … the point is to get picked up and recognized by some highly influential and power users on StumbleUpon. Once that happens you can be assured that your link or site will get picked up by a large number of users on StumbleUpon and the effect of referral traffic coming in from there will last for a long period of time.

If you are serious with using StumbleUpon to get traffic and want to read the complete indepth article on Stumbling and also get access to a big list of stumbleupon resources visit my blog at successonline.in - the stumbleupon article link should be on the top.

oh yah…I forgot... there's also a list here of around 25 various posts where people share their tips and tricks with stumbleupon

Market your site.

Stumble upon is a way to market your site.

It also is a dating site.

I've had a pretty mixed experience with stumbleupon and although I have had some large traffic flows for brief periods from SU the traffic has very rarely turned into click thru's or any interaction. It seems that stumblers are like people treating the net like a magazine and just flicking thru it as fast as possible, not particularly searching for anything, a quick look, thumbs up or thumbs down, then next page.

I hadn't realised that it was a dating site? or is that a different site? Stumble isn't a word I'd associate with dating lol

Maybe you could stumble across your next girlfriend on stumbleupon?

StumbleUpon can work, just like all the rest of the SB sites. Just a case of getting your tags right and writing stuff people want to read.

KP

Roo,

The secret to get any site have a large surge of traffic depends on how many friends u have. The larger your group - the larger your traffic surge when u stumble.
But they don't convert to clicks or business as they are "stumbling across" sites.

I have had a surge of 100- 150 visitors with each blog post submission with SU - but they last for a day or so.
I cant believe that my blog is more popular than my site? Don't know why?
Maybe my blog has catchy headlines & is updated more frequently - rather than my static site!

I heard somewhere that there is a limit to the number of times you can stumble a domain, something like 20, after that the stumbles aren't published/logged and don't get traffic. I know a few people on squidoo who only stumbled their lenses then it just stopped getting traffic when they stumbled new ones.

MI
Back