The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Slow internet

Hi There,
It is impossible to tell why this is happening.
You will never get downloads at the absolute top speed of your connection, and here are some of the reasons why:

- the server you are downloading from may be slow
- the time of day you download a file can have an effect on speed, you will notice downloads may be slower at peak times of the day (i.e. lunchtime and just after work)
- your wiring may not be very good
- you may have interference in your line
- you may have a cap on download speeds i.e. I know in some countries there is a maximum download speed for files from a peer to peer server!

This is just a few of the reasons why you are seeing that download speed

Hope that helps
Cheers

Agree with IM dev. It really could be one of a number of things.
I suppose the place to stat is find out how fast your connection is by hovering your mouse on the online icon [2 small computers at the lower right side of your screen in the task bar] at least i think it's called a task bar. Oh heck, just at the bottom of your screen
Then you can check how much bandwidth you have allocated to downloads

There are a number of things that can go wrong with your internet but for me my internet is sometimes off for a whole day. So i would count yourself as a lucky person.

Hi

It's probably your server or too many people are using the same server at the same time. Also make sure you don't have too much viruses which can slow down your computer.

Check and clean your pc if there are any viruses. then check your wirings. call your internet provider and ask for the repair of your connection.

There are sever reasons..

U are either infected by a adware, spyware or virus..
most of your ports are closed
problem with your Modem or router or cables
what browser are you using?? if IE better try firefox, for downloads use some download managers such as Internet download manager

When I get a low reading, I shut off the modem for a minute, then start it back up.

While it's off, I also restart the computer.

Hope this helps!

I've changed 3 ISPs this year due to poor internet line. Current 1MB ADSL was just fine for me. :)

I'll restart my modem if found that speed drop. And it helps!

banners
Back