The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Skimlinks - Easy Auto Affiliate Links from Thousands of Merchants

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Skimlinks is a fairly new affiliate marketing aggregator that promises to revolutionize the way bloggers and publishers earn revenue online. The service enables publishers to earn revenue contextually through their content by automatically adding affiliate links on the fly ? from over 7,000 affiliate programs.

Skimlinks' new patent-pending technology means websites no longer have to sign up for multiple affiliate programs across many networks, or create and maintain affiliate links. Everything is done automatically and the affiliate just has to add one line of code to their site.

I've been wanting to blog about Skimlinks for a long time. Our client <strong><a href="http://blog.mediatrust.com/2009/05/relevantly-speaking-rs052009/">MediaTrust</a></strong> just produced a great video explaining how it all works.
<object width="510" height="390">
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/grFFgYLyNoekIA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="510" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="no"></embed> </object>​

Not very usefull to me because I have been doing this for a long time and have a relationship with many affiliate networks allready, plus the technical knowledge to implement my affiliate links. However, this does seem like an amazing tool to get more talented writers out there making money for their work.

I can definitely see its uses.

I bought a domain for my fiancee a month or so ago and we slapped a blog on there. She religiously posts on it once a day, and promotes it through word of mouth for now through friends. I am getting ready to ramp up her linking/promotion strategy soon, but probably the biggest thing holding her back now is the time it takes to slap in affiliate links. She isn't as technically gifted as I am (I pick things up rather easily), and with my work schedule and the time I devote to building my business I do not have a ton of time to devote to teaching her to promote new things and offers.

This would be that solution, as it handles things contextually (the way we monetise on her site as is.. affiliate links in text). If it were to make it so she didn't have to manually look for, and post affiliate code, it would allow her more time to do some article promotion and other forms of link building.

It will not be for everyone, but for some people it would be great.

I would like to know what Kontera has to say about this though, because when this goes live it would be pretty silly to settle for dimes a click when you can be getting dollars.

I've been checking out Skimlinks for a little while now. It seems like a nice way to work in affiliate links into my content without having to worry too much about link conversion, and other technical stuff.

Does anyone have any updates on this service? Anyone with firsthand experience? Anyone who would definitely stay away?

Thanks in advance!

banners
Back