The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Site security - which one do you use?

temi

affiliate
There are quite a few site that offer you side security with a badge you can post on your site to show your users your site is secure such as Hacker Safe, GoDaddy secure etc etc.

The question is, do you use any of this services on your site and do you think its worth it?

a good SSL cert is the only think id consider if i was taking payments, the one that gives you a green address bar in IE is suppose to be very good.

Totally agree with you admin, SSL certificates are really a good way to ensure that the personal details of the customers are secured, as they will feel safe with it to provide it. But the ssl's are only good on sites which are hosted on dedicated servers, and not on shared servers.

What do you say?

I just wanted to add that with online ordering as long as it is SSL, it is secure, it does not matter if it is shared or not.. The encryption is what is important. I find some people get confused with this one for if it is safe for taking orders. I used to wonder this myself until finally i got it confirmed. 128 bit ssl is the same level as secure for security as 128 bit for shared.. It all is encrypted to that level..

I hope that helps in some way.. :)

MI
Back