The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Site maps

You can try writemaps.com to create these maps. The process is all done online so your website maps can be accessible anywhere you have the internet. We have found that when a solid base is used a website can be built with a lot less errors. Getting a final site map is key to getting that solid base that will be behind any website.

For me, I use a site map generator and it produces a XML file for me. I then upload it to my site. It's quick and easy - and it works for me.

If you've submitted a .xml sitemap to google via your webmaster google account, one thing to watch out for is this:

A site I did some work on had some hosting issues - it just so happened that the few hours their site was offline, google did a sitemap crawl and didn't find it.

You'll see an alert in your google account - something like 'not verified' etc or 'error'. It's usually a simple case of re-submitting.

Best advice is to go back and check occasionally - thinking everything is alright and knowing everything is alright are two very separate things as I've found to my cost - at least where sitemaps are concerned.

For wordpress users, I believe there is a plug in.

For anyone using Wordpress.... There are plenty of plug ins...

I use a Wordpress plug in called Sitemap Index. You install it like a program and it creates a virtual sitemap. I submitted it to Google webmasters tools, and within 2 or 3 weeks all my webpages were indexed and had no crawl errors..

This plug in is ideal for people like me who have never done any programming or web hosting work...

MI
Back