The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Simple and effective CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am a Vbulletin owner (obviously) :p and enthusiast, but I wouldn't call it a CMS system at all and would not want newbies to think it was. IMO it's the best forum software and the new suite offers lots of other features on top of the core forum capabilities, but I don't think most people would call it a CMS. If someone does not want a forum, they just want to build a regular site or blog I would not recommend Vbull as a CMS.

I agree the easiest, best, cheapest (free) CMS is Wordpress.

IMO it's the best forum software.

No argument on that front, that's why I purchased a license - but it's also CMS. It clearly says so on the vBulletin website. Anyone reading this thread can easily go to the vBulletin website, and see it for themselves. It reads:

CMS built for Communities

"Our new Content Management System was designed to enable your community members to easily create content and cross-publish between your forums, blogs, and site articles."

Yes, it's the best forum software on the market - but it's also CMS.

David Jackson

I don't think vBulletin is real CMS, even if they call it so. :)

We own copy of vBulleting and it is far from CMS system. It is great forum software, but that is all. If you will want to use good CMS, I would take a look on any other software.

I don't think vBulletin is real CMS, even if they call it so. :)

Whether or not you think vBulletin is "real" CMS is a debate that you can have with them. Knowing how much pride they have in their products, I'm sure that they'd welcome such a debate. I'm also 100% certain that they could present a pretty convincing argument for their product.

I will say this, however. The screen shots that I've seen of vBulletin's CMS looks every bit as impressive as Interspire's CMS. And personally, I would never underestimate vBulletin.

David Jackson

This thread is going around in circles, and has wandered far away from the thread title and the questions asked in the original post. David, you are free to think that you wish but:

1. The core of vBulletin is a forum. The blog and the article posting features (aka CMS) are add-ons to that core.

2. The majority of affiliates are not going to have any need for the core of vBulletin, which is still the forum software.

3. Several options for true CMS or CMS/blog software exist which will meet the needs of most affiliates, many of them free.

4. It is highly unlikely that the majority of 5 Star members or readers would ever choose vBulletin over Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc., for their needs.

5. It is highly unlikely that we would recommend vBulletin over the other options for those members or visitors.

Now you are free to disagree if you wish, of course. However, I see no point in having you continue to repeat that disagreement ad nauseum in this thread.

The point is, the thread starter asked for EASY and effective CMS solutions.

He didn't ask for the best CMS for a community site, which I'm sure Vbull will be
when the 4.0 Publishing Suite is available. It's not even out yet.

PLUS he posted this question over a year ago, so I'm sure has found his solution by now.
So no point in continuing the debate.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back