The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Should it be Blog Commenting Or Forum Signatures?

lexdino

affiliate
Hello Forum members in here I need your opinions on this.
Between commenting on Dofollow blogs and posting in forums with Dofollow signature links, which one do you think will be able to give better quality backlinks to a site?
I personally think that forum signature will because most forums have high PR but there might be something that I'm still failing to figure out before concluding on this.
So I need you guys to also tell me what you think on this.
Should it be Blog Commenting Or Forum Signatures?

I think both are good, obviously the higher PR the better.

But the one thing you didn't mention is relevancy. Blogs and forums related to your niche will be more beneficial than those that aren't.

To add to what Linda said, forget about PR. Most forum threads don't have high PR, even when the home page for the forum does - that's the nature of rapidly changing content. To a lesser extent, that's true of many blogs as well. That doesn't mean those backlinks aren't useful.

For PR
Most forum threads does not have PR. But blogs have PR. So I you are after PR, your choice will be blogs.
For Traffic
If you participate in relevant forums, and did a great posting job, you will receive decent traffic from forums than blogs.

What about if you are trying to build backlinks for a site that is multi-niche? For example my site is based on mobile phone recycling. So I join mobile phone and recycling/environmental type forums. I just join everything lol

It wouldn't cost you any thing but time to combine both. Whichever, you need to get links from different site in order to get a good SERP.

But then, i will still go for forums.

Backlinks...hmmm...what about the people who are going to read your Forum posts and Blog comments?

I think it's the personal "no-follow" or "do-follow" relationship you should also consider ;)

I like both, There is also a thing called multi user blogs. There half blog and half forum and rank well in google because of the quickly added content. Just post a few Multi User blogs pointing to the blog or site you want to links to.

I use both forum signature and blog comment, but at the end I found out forum is the best! because forum can easily get anchor text, some blog owner not allow you to insert keyword.

Forums sigs are better I think, people click on them and a lot of forums are do follow. Most blogs are no follow and I think not many people click on them.

In my point of view, both blog commenting and forums posting are useful. If you can use your niche related blogs/forums to get backlinks, that will be more helpful to you. Even google will give you more value :p.

I want to say that in my opinion if you want to target relevant blog posts (search blogs in Google with the relevant keyphrase) than yes - blog comments are better for you and you can find some of those relevant pages WITH PR0-1-2 and even 3 if the keyphrase is a big one.
BUT (and it's a big one) if you don't post a very good and useful comment there's a good chance that sometime soon your comment will be removed by the blog owner for spam reasons.

Just do both and don't worry about it. Just remember that relevancy is VERY important. More than the number of your forum posts on PR0 (or less) pages with no relevancy.

for me forum signature is the best but you have to build with related! as blog commenting I don't say is less important but is depend on the owner also, if the website owner don't approve your comment is also no point.:D

[SUP][/SUP]

Forum Signatures and Blog Comments both are good form of promotion and they both have their pros and cons
For forum signatures..it's not just about replying on threads or posting new and already published articles or stupid questions..it's about being active on the forum for people to see your posts and where you come from..
As far as Blog comments are concerned..most people care about nofollow but you never know when that particular blog would change their settings ..and don't just post one liners.. or thank them for the nice post.. make sure you have read the blog..!

I personally don't like comments from people who haven't read the blog and bloggers are smart enough to understand what the comment is all for..
We get blog commenting assignments and we make sure that we are not doing it for cookie cutter sites or just a sales page..!

I am sure that both, blog commenting & Forums postings are good methods to get backlinks. But, If you try to do blog comment on a blog which contains huge spammy comments with links or huge number of comments - That will not be useful, instead, Google may give penaltiy to get a backlink from such a place.

I am sure, forums posting is better than blog commenting. Because, we cannot make sure that there will NOT be any spam comments on the blogs after we place comment there. Normally, the blog admins do not delete such spammy comments. But in forums, most of the admins do care about the spammers. So, by getting link from forum is not a risky thing :)

I am sure, forums posting is better than blog commenting. Because, we cannot make sure that there will NOT be any spam comments on the blogs after we place comment there. Normally, the blog admins do not delete such spammy comments. But in forums, most of the admins do care about the spammers. So, by getting link from forum is not a risky thing :)

First, I don't think it's true that most blog admins don't care about comment spam; indeed, there are lots of strategies and plugins to avoid comment spam.

Second, I don't see any reason to assume that forum sig links have any inherent advantage over blog comments when it comes to link benefits, other than the fact that you may have more control over anchor text in sig links.

MI
Back