propellerads adcombo
  1. The Essential Kit For Affiliate Marketers

Guaranteed to work, always updated, top quality essentials.
    Easy to work and packed with features that make you more money.
    Coming Soon.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I advertise high cost or low cost products?

Discussion in 'Newbie Helpdesk' started by mecjr22, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mecjr22

mecjr22 Affiliate affiliate

H,i I am pretty new into this affiliate thing(one week) and I am hoping that this is not a rip off. At this point in time I have only made 20 dollars in a week. The main products I am selling are from the free website I went through and they seem to cost a lot. The merchants products that I have added myself seem to cost a lot also, but with pretty good commission. Is it better to promote products that cost more or products that cost less? Which one will give me a better chance to make money and receive traffic? Thank you in advance.

2. fitnfree

fitnfree Affiliate affiliate

Actually, mecjr22, I think a lot really depends on the product and what kind of "deal" is being offered to the buyer.

For example, is the product a bit pricey but does it come with a bonus, special, free shipping, etc.? You know, a "buy now" incentive or some such thing.

Another factor is how much value a customer places on a product, which is something that will be different with everyone. It's a tough call, but if you have a quality product with a good offer that costs more but gets you more sales/commissions even though it doesn't make as many sales as a less expensive product, you're still ahead.

I guess in short it's always a bit of a gamble. I look carefully at every product I affiliate with and ask myself if it's something I think I would buy -- but even at that I bomb sometimes and a product won't deliver for me at all. It's a tough call.

Do you have a newsletter? You can always test the waters with a newsletter offer first, if you do.

Top Resources

banners