The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Shopping Comparison Websites (UK or US version)??

olimits7

Website Owner
affiliate
Hello,

I'm starting a website in the US, but most of my clients will be based out of the UK; so I figured a UK website might be able to give me the best possible feedback on my questions. :)

I noticed that a lot of the comparison shopping websites like pricerunner, shopzilla, nextag, shopping, google, pricegrabber, amazon, etc… have UK versions of the same websites.

So the issue that I’m facing is should I upload my data feeds to the UK or the US version of these shopping comparison websites?

I did look at some of the UK versions of the sites above, but I’ve noticed that they don’t contain as many sellers or products as do the US versions.

So my next question is what are some of the popular shopping comparison websites that people use in the UK? Do people in the UK tend to use the US or UK version of the comparison websites above?

Thank you,

olimits7

Pricerunner & kelkoo plus now google base of course. Google are starting to show products at the top of the SERP's in the Uk.

olimits7;44447[COLOR=black said:
Do people in the UK tend to use the US or UK version of the comparison websites above?[/COLOR]

People in the UK tends to use UK comparison site because if you want to buy services, a UK merchant is preferred to US merchant.

moneysupermarket.com / travelsupermarket.com are very popular as is uk.shopping.com - the subdomain of shopping.com.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.

My website will be selling electronics, movies, video games, music cds, etc...are there any UK comparison sites that are more popular for these types of products??

So I'm better off listing in the UK comparison sites than the US comparison sites, right??

Do you guys ever check out products on any US comparison sites?? If you do, which ones??

Thank you, again!!

olimits7

I'm a US based company. However, with the Euro being stronger than the USD I hoping to attract some UK shoppers.

Also, all shipments to the UK will be free. I did a price test and compared the price of a UK product to the price I can sell the same product for and my price was actually cheaper; so I hope this will also help with UK sales. :)

This makes things much more clearer. Yes, if you ship to UK then definately you should go into as many of the comprison shopping sites in the UK, you may also want to consider a dedicated UK website with a .co.uk extension to target UK customers.... when I am shopping for products and I see a US phone number, tends to exit immediately (I have had bad experience purchasing from US :( the product is good, but the time difference when you need support, I have to stay up late just to access the support for the product)
But since you are selling goods rather than services, this problem should not occure.

Not saying UK is better than US, what I'm saying is, if I want to buy say DVD online, I will order from UK merchant and not US merchant because US merchant will send me a DVD that will not play on my DVD player which is tunned for playing UK media.

banners
Back