The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Shareasale Http Headers

Anzshop

affiliate
Hello to all. I am attempting to use the shareasale api reporting to get Coupons/Deals. Their regular coupons/deals feed is limited to 2500 offers.

I have the correct ip address for my website, yet my I am unsure as to how to make the authentication hash and http headers. I am totally clueless in how to do this, or the steps to take.

From what I understand, I can use ftp to do this. I use wordpress for my website, and can access my ftp through filezilla, and make the file, yet not sure where exactly to place it, or what to name it.

If anyone has any examples or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you understand how APIs work.

Here is an example of a REST API: Dog API

REST is just jargon for a URL that you use to retrieve certain information from a 3rd party service like Share A Sale or this Dog API. APIs themselves can be broad from the iPhone Developer API which gives you access to program an iPhone application and include iPhone functionality within the program. Totally different from REST APIs.

Go ahead and visit the page and copy the URL that retrieves a random dog.

The URL looks like this: https://dog.ceo/api/breeds/image/random

Copy and paste that URL into your browser. Done? Great! Now press enter.

Guess what you just did?? You just made an API request!!!

The response you received should look like this:

cdcc989a4c960243816d686b44e35d3c.png

This is called JSON which stands for JavaScript Object Notation. Basically, you can use this to retrieve data by programming a script that connects to the URL and retrieves the information. You still with me bud?

So now that you understand that APIs are URLs where you can request data... You need to figure out the URL that Share A Sale provides you so that you can start figuring out a way to implement it however you want to.

I'm not familiar with Share A Sale's API but I am familiar with APIs, it's what I specialize in for a living.

I don't mind doing contract work to set this up for you but I don't work for free.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I have the url that they provide, the issue is with the authentication.
I constantly get an error with this message "Invalid Request - Error Code 4076".
Money is a huge factor in why I am attempting to learn about datafeed's. So I would not be able to afford contract work, yet thank you so much.

Thank you for the reply. I have the url that they provide, the issue is with the authentication.
I constantly get an error with this message "Invalid Request - Error Code 4076".
Money is a huge factor in why I am attempting to learn about datafeed's. So I would not be able to afford contract work, yet thank you so much.

What is the URL you're attempting to retrieve information from Share A Sale with?

Remove any sensitive authentication data please.

What is the URL you're attempting to retrieve information from Share A Sale with?

Remove any sensitive authentication data please.

They also require an ip address for the website, I pinged my website and placed ip address in the correct place.
The url is "h ttps://api.shareasale.com/x.cfm?action=merchantCreative&affiliateId=&token=&merchantId=xxxx&version=2.3"
I removed the affiliate Id and token. I also could not post the url as is, got an error here on affiliatefix, so I put a space in between the "h ttps"

They also require an ip address for the website, I pinged my website and placed ip address in the correct place.
The url is "h ttps://api.shareasale.com/x.cfm?action=merchantCreative&affiliateId=&token=&merchantId=xxxx&version=2.3"
I removed the affiliate Id and token. I also could not post the url as is, got an error here on affiliatefix, so I put a space in between the "h ttps"

Without looking at the API documentation I can't provide you with further information. There isn't any error documentation for the error that you're having.

Have you tried reaching out to Share A Sale support? I'm 100% certain they have a support email that you can contact and ask questions.

This is a tutorial as to how to use the api, it is what I have been following, yet unsuccessful.
Without looking at the API documentation I can't provide you with further information. There isn't any error documentation for the error that you're having.

Have you tried reaching out to Share A Sale support? I'm 100% certain they have a support email that you can contact and ask questions.

Thanks for even trying. Yes, I reached out to them. Was forwarded to the tutorial. For the time being I will just attempt to do certain stores manually. Again, much appreciated.

I get Error 4001 but I used your code, LOL expected
Contact them with your error code. If they have a list of error codes with their meaning then you may see what the exact reason is.

Did you double check the token's validity and that it is pasted correctly? The affiliatId is correct ...
400 means something is missing (usually?)

banners
Back