The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Shadow Banned

Billblast

How can you tell if your IG account has been shadowbanned?

I have tried to add hashtags into the caption section but when I post the content there are NO hashtags or caption details...

You just stop getting any visibility on Instagram, other users can't see your posts, you will not get any likes or comments, your stories won't be shown, and so on. If you notice that engagement has rapidly fallen, then you probably got shadow banned. One option is to open a new account and check if from that new account you can see and find your posts.

You just stop getting any visibility on Instagram, other users can't see your posts, you will not get any likes or comments, your stories won't be shown, and so on. If you notice that engagement has rapidly fallen, then you probably got shadow banned. One option is to open a new account and check if from that new account you can see and find your posts.
I'm still getting a few likes on my posts but when I try to add hashtags in the caption area they still don't show up with the content is posted...

try to add hashtags in the caption area they still don't show up with the content is posted...
You probably exceeded the magic number of maximum Hashtags allowed. It's 30. 30 Hashtags per post. And don't overuse any one particular hashtag. IG tracks Hashtag abuse religiously!

A word to the wise? Always keep 29 or less hashtags just to be on the safer side.

Check which post had created the issue, delete the post and don't repost it for another 24 hours. Repost it the next day with 29 or less hashtags! You should be fine!

Goodluck!

Last edited:
I'm still getting a few likes on my posts but when I try to add hashtags in the caption area they still don't show up with the content is posted...
your posts will be shown only for those who follow you, not for the ones who don't follow you ..

If your content isn't IG rules .. Then you might have posted and commented a lot recently, and used more than 30 hashtags at once.. This happens only for business accs -apparently- ...
To fix it, I think you have to stop posting for sometime, and make sure to disable the auto-posting option ..
If you're still banned .. maybe you'll have to switch to a personal acc ..

Keep us posted, and I hope you can fix it!

- Samira

banners
Back