The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

SES Panel “The Oprah Winfrey Litigation: What Affiliates Marketers MUST Know"

Peter Bordes

I was very fortunate to be asked to participate on this very important panel this week at Search Engine Strategies. The panel covered an important topic that is going to be causing many shifts in the affiliate marketing industry.

I am going to post a series of the different presentations that are very important points of view on the issue at hand. The are 2 legal POV one representing the Affiliate Marketer. The other representing the merchant and then my POV of the network.

You can find the Presentations HERE ON SLIDE SHARE and further postings on the MediaTrust Blog.

These are a must read for ALL. There is a synopsis of the panel HERE

Please make sure to leave comments and or ask questions in the comments if you need help or further infomation on FTC compliance. Or you can visit the MediaTrust COMPLIANCE CENTER which has many compliance policies and tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it very interesting that overseas affiliates were not properly represented in the panel. Talking of which, my company has been recently invited to promote a French Acai Berry product, guess with who's pictures on the website.

Thanks, Peter! Great information. This is an issue we have been trying to wrap our heads around here at [our company] Were you at the SES panel in Chicago?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very pleased to see this is helpful. Yes i was on the panel and there was some very good and important information shared form both side of the legal fence. The avertiser and the affiliate. i am going to make a series of 3 blog posts with the information on the MediaTrust blog this weekend w/ 3 slide share presentations. this is good info from the best possible source. that seemed to be the biggest issue at the SES panel. How and where and who do i find the right info.

Thank you for taking the time to get me your valuable feedback.

Victorm
i am not surprised as its been mostly all contained to the US. But i agree this is an international issue as well. Many of those non compliant marketers are racing to the international markets to do the same BS they did here.

That being said. There are good offers and ones that are compliant and those that are not. The key issue is finding the right partners and having the right information to know what is compliant or not. I am sure you will see the same back lash starting from the consumer happening very rapidly and the same legal and regulatory issues.

We created an open compliance center on our MediaTrust site that we keep adding information to and all kinds of compliance policies to help get the proper information out to everyone. We have our lawyers working on a new set of "continuity program" compliance standards based on regulation. They will be up there shortly as well as advertiser and publisher compliance policies.

I hope this is helpful. Please dont hesitate to reach out with any questions.

MI
Back