The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO: How do you charge?

rhyswynne

affiliate
Hi everybody.

With my SEO skills I generally charge a small amount each month, rather than a one off fee. A thread which I just replied to had a number of responses that said that the amount quoted ($300) was too little for SEO.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that do people generally charge a one off fee for SEO services? Or a monthly fee?

It depends on the client. If they simply want you to optimize their sites for a "presence"
on the internet - then a 1 time charge would be appropriate. If, however, you are
offering SEO in regards to their successful climb in the SERPs to reach a top 10, then
I'd go monthly - as you will be working with them for the looooong haul!

It depends on the client. If they simply want you to optimize their sites for a "presence"
on the internet - then a 1 time charge would be appropriate. If, however, you are
offering SEO in regards to their successful climb in the SERPs to reach a top 10, then
I'd go monthly - as you will be working with them for the looooong haul!

I couldn't agree any more, charging for a one time fee may be a pretty dumb idea (in my opinion), I would rather go for a monthly fee. One time fees should be more appropiate for "random SEO"

Meti

I find monthly subscriptions to be far more appealing to potential clients after all what ever it be if it is a one off fee you are stuck with it, on the other hand if you pay on a month by month period you give your clients a get out solution if they no longer require your work.

A month-to-month can be effective, especially if you charge a month in advance. That
way, if your client wants out, they cancel the subscription, and you're covered for that
month :)

Innitial one time fee to fix the obvious deficiencies and remove the bad stuff followed by a monthly review and tweak program for a fixed recurring fee is the way I prefer to go. Most clients will se the reasoning behind this program and it's associated charging structure.

I agree on that, Some times clients get smart & cancel the subscription on the last day & u can do nothing about that. :sweat:

A month-to-month can be effective, especially if you charge a month in advance. That
way, if your client wants out, they cancel the subscription, and you're covered for that
month :)

Our pricing model is very simple. We charge monthly in advance and £100.00 per hour. Pricing yourself to low only gives the impression to a client that you do substandard work.

When reasoning your pricing, use return on investment as your basis.

I use a coider who I pay £25 an hour to. he charges others $20 which is a fraction. I pay him a higher rate as he is VERY quick and spot on with quality. If I give him work, he does it the same day or next at the latest. he does this as I pay him well over the going rate. I pay him over rate because he is good!

banners
Back