The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Selling maybe getting harder these days.

Alternative4u

affiliate
I have spoken to a few mates of late who also operate E-Commerce shops in the UK and most tell me that sales are well down this year so far.
People should think hard before spending lots of money on buying a shop, monthly hosting payments, product buying and domain names, all good costly out-goings, maybe works out at £50 per month or even lots more, but if your site brings in nothing, well your up the river without a paddle, and your house could soon be lost too.
I know one bloke who spend £12,000 on setting up his site, plus the things he bought to sell, he now wishes he had looked into how hard it is to get buyers to a website, and then buy an item, not just leave.
David

Well somebody is hard, somebody is easy, but one should step ahead and moving forward rather than blaming and it is hard, hard and hard!

Well, it's much more difficult times than there were before. More competition, more difficult financial circumstances. It pays to be established, that's for sure.

I'm not convinced you need to spend £12,000 or £50 per month to set up a website.

Domain name registration - about £15 or less for two years;
Hosting - As little as £25 per year;
Site build - I build good quality sites for people, with basic optimisation in built - like tbis - Solicitors In Guildford - for only £300 - £400;
Adwords - I spend about £30-£50 on Adwords advertising.

For this tiny investment I make a reasonable living. Of course you have to get your marketing right and provide good products/services.

I agree, surrey. I don't think you need to spend large sums at all, and it's probably advisable at first - whilst you stick a toe in the water - to not do so. All too often people go in with big ideas without testing them first.

Nowadays people look twice in their pockets before spending a pound. And I think it is understandable looking at the latest economical issues in the whole world...

Everything is hard these days, that's why if you want to be profitable, you should work to attract customers in any possible way. May be spend more on advertising and promotion. It usually work rather well.

banners
Back