The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Search Results

fastfish720

affiliate
For Example: When you search the keyword Shop or yahoo.com it shows shop.com with multiple page links to: Women's Clothing, Electronics etc.

Did shop.com build this into their site design or is this Yahoo saying, hey your website is really credible, so we are going to feature multiple parts of your site?

This is different than the indented sub pages of a site.

Check B of A for another example: bank of america - Google Search

I think it's just with big authority sites to try to help you find the info you seek.

OHHHHHHHH except it does it for my company name too.
5 Star Affiliate programs - Google Search

So I guess it happens when you search by name for some sites.

Actually...it happens when a site is well-optimized for the Search Engines...Stompernet did a video piece about "indented listings" awhile back...and that's where I learned about this.

Joseph Ratliff - Google Search

The above is a search of my name (without quotes)...and the first two listings are a smaller version of the "indented listing" :D

Good job on being so well optimized Linda, I guess I would expect that with your sites though ;)

Actually Joe we aren't talking about the regular indented listings.

Click my link above. He's talking about the 8 additional links in my #1 listing.

Actually Joe we aren't talking about the regular indented listings.

Click my link above. He's talking about the 8 additional links in my #1 listing.

My understanding was those were indented listings too...within your main domain...because you have such a large and well-optimized site Linda...guess I could be wrong with the terminology though. :eek:

The first example from your post is called "Sitelinks":

How does Google compile the list of links shown below some search results? - Webmasters/Site owners Help

How do you compile the list of links shown below some search results?

The links shown below some sites in our search results, called Sitelinks, are meant to help users navigate your site. Our systems analyze the link structure of your site to find shortcuts that will save users time and allow them to quickly find the information they're looking for.

We only show Sitelinks for results when we think they'll be useful to the user. If the structure of your site doesn't allow our algorithms to find good Sitelinks, or we don't think that the Sitelinks for your site are relevant for the user's query, we won't show them.

At the moment, Sitelinks are completely automated. We're always working to improve our Sitelinks algorithms, and we may incorporate webmaster input in the future.

The second example just shows is a secondary page from the same site that is also a good match for the search term.

The first example from your post is called "Sitelinks":

How does Google compile the list of links shown below some search results? - Webmasters/Site owners Help

The second example just shows is a secondary page from the same site that is also a good match for the search term.

I just had a "duh" moment because of minstrel's excellent explanation...could have went to Google's webmaster support....sheesh.

Thank you for clearing that up minstrel! :D I appreciate it...and learned something today (a couple of things actually).

More on Google Sitelinks

How to get Google Sitelinks for your website
Axandra News
11 March 2008

What are Google Sitelinks?
Google Sitelinks are a collection of links that appears below the result of a website. These additional links link to main pages of the website. They are randomly and automatically chosen by Google's algorithm.

How can you get Sitelinks for your website?
Unfortunately, there is nothing certain about Google's Sitelinks. The following factors seem to influence whether Google displays Sitelinks or not:

• Your website must have a stable #1 ranking for the searched keyword. Other websites don't seem to get Sitelinks.
  • Your website must be at least 2 years old. It seems that younger websites don't get Sitelinks.
  • The number of searches and the number of clicks that your website gets for a certain keyword seem to be considered. Keywords that aren't searched often enough don't get Sitelinks. It also seems that your website has to get many clicks for the searched keyword.
  • The number of links that point to your website with the searched keyword as the anchor text seem to influence the creation of Sitelinks. Sitelinks only seem to appear for the main keywords of a website, not for all keywords for which a website is listed.
More...

banners
Back