The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Search Engine Optimization Strategies

dumphreys

affiliate
Everyone's looking for the perfect search engine optimization strategy to get their website into the top search engines on page one. By bumping yourself up the organic searches you will be taking your business to the next level. You will find below powerful SEO techniques anywhere online, and you need to be using them right now.

On Page Search Engine Optimization

No search engine optimization strategy is as old and well tested as on-page optimization. With that said, it also is the least useful one here. A few years ago, these techniques would have made a huge difference. Now, it is only 15% of the total Serp?s and Page Rank. Now, if you do not implement these methods, it can damage your site drastically.

On page optimization includes keyword optimization, alt tags on your images, deep navigation, seo friendly links, title tags, and SEO friendly code.

The use of Article Marketing

Article marketing is another search engine optimization strategy that has been around for some time and is highly successful. Effective ways to use article marketing is to write an article with your main keyword keeping a 2% word ratio and a link back to your site. When you have written your article you can then submit to article directories like ezinearticles for Free in exchange for a link to your site.

Once an article is posted, it provides a back link to your site that the search engines pick up. Article marketing is not a onetime process, however. You will need to submit new articles over time to give value to those SEO links.

Back Linking from Trusted Sites

Doing Article marketing to generate back links you need to find trusted high PR Sites, like .gov and .edu site will give you quality valued links back to your website or blog. The sites that Google gives high value to are known as a trusted site. Sites like .GOV or .EDU are trusted a site. More, sites are high level directories like DMOZ or Yahoo! are trusted sites, along with major forums or information resources.

Link Baiting

Link baiting is a SEO strategy providing high quality content that will attract attention on its own. Let me give you an example, if you had a site about acne, you could produce an article recommending Top 10 foods that calm acne. The article would be massive and take hours to write, but it would also be a powerful authority resource in the niche, drawing attention from many other websites.

Social Media Marketing

Social media is widely used and an effective tool, however many internet marketers misuse it. The goal is to use sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to set yourself and your business up as an authority as well as a recognizable personality and brand that can be trusted for niche information. You have to provide high valued content on a daily basis that your readers can take away from it.

Viral Marketing

Viral marketing - Social media and link baiting, are strategies to draw people to you. Viral marketing can be a very effective search engine optimization strategy, but the least measurable. Examples of viral marketing include video productions for YouTube, sending out free reports, building squeeze pages, and giving away free software.

Using just one tactic is not going to make the difference between a no-name site and on the first page of the search engines within your niche; you have to implement a number of tactics to get you at that position. However, if you're not using the strategies above in tandem, you're missing a fantastic opportunity to get free traffic for your site. You need to have a detailed plan long term plan, of your SEO strategy on how you are going to get on the first page of the search engines. To be at the top of your niche, you need to use as many of the above strategies and test them constantly, to find the Free traffic you are looking for.

What is SEO friendly code. I get everything else. I'm new to this.

Hi, Treyrealty

Hope you enjoyed the article? SEO code = Meta Tag, in web pages are often required by search engines as a source of information to help them to decide how to list and rank your website. Meta Tags are not always required, but as a rule of thumb, it makes more sense to take advantage of them than to leave them out.

Find out more Meta Tags Generator Meta Tag Creator

SEO code = Meta Tag, in web pages are often required by search engines as a source of information to help them to decide how to list and rank your website. Meta Tags are not always required, but as a rule of thumb, it makes more sense to take advantage of them than to leave them out.

Find out more Meta Tags Generator Meta Tag Creator

No. SEO friendly code refers to the HTML, PHP, scripting, and/or other coding used to create the page that displays in a visitors browser, as well as the internal structure of the website.

As for meta tags, there are only two that matter:
  1. the Title tag containing search terms matching and repeated in the content of the page, which is used in SE ranking; and
  2. the meta Description tag, which is not used in ranking but does influence click-through rates when used as the snipped displayed in search results.
Pretty much ALL of the tags generated by the "Meta Tags Generator Meta Tag Creator" are useless. All they contribute is extra bulk on your pages.

Beyond meta tags, there are two other tags that matter for correct cross-browser page rendering:

1. the DOCTYPE declaration placed before the tag - should look something like this (spaces added before/after tags to display):

PHP:
    < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "[URL]http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd[/URL]" >

2. the meta Content-type tag, which should look something like this:

PHP:
    < meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" >
For local geo-tagging, it may be helpful to add these tags (examples for Ottawa):

PHP:
<META name=geo.position content=45.423494;-75.697933>
<META name=geo.placename content="Ottawa, Ontario, Canada">
<META name=geo.region content=Ontario-CA>

There are certainly some excellent tips listed there..But honestly, it really comes down to quality relevant backlinks - and lots of them. At least in my industry anyways. Of course you need lots of pages but pick a few keyphrases, throw them in the content and build backlinks..those are my biggest 2 tips.

minstrel you completely lost me on all that doctype, meta tag stuff. Doesn't wordpress take care of most of this coding for us? I don't understand where we put this stuff and what it looks like on the website afterward

I was responding to this post by dumphreys, mostly warning against being misled into thinking that the tags in tyhe "meta tag generator" would do anything useful. If you don't understand, don't worry about it.

As for how they "look on the website", they don't - they exist in the head section rather than the body section of the page - only code in the body section is displayed on the page.

Google remains a mystery to me. I have keywords, find the number one site that is ranking and find they have no page rank above page ranks of 4 or higher, very little SEO, very little backlinks etc. There just seems to be no sense to it sometimes.

Well, to start with, PageRank has become rather a minor factor in Google ranking, and the visible approximations of PR (e.g., toolbar PR) are only aproximate representations of the real values of PR used by Google, even when they are up to date, which is rarely.

I agree. But when there is zero page rank,not an aged domain, very little SEO, few backlinks and they are in the number one position, you have to wonder. Especially if number four has a page rank of 3, 1200 backlinks, the seo looks good etc. I havent seen an SEO formula that really nails Google down.Sometimes it appears they are just insane.

But again, how are you trying to determine how many backlinks that page has? That's often difficult to divine ...

I was responding to this post by dumphreys, mostly warning against being misled into thinking that the tags in tyhe "meta tag generator" would do anything useful. If you don't understand, don't worry about it.

As for how they "look on the website", they don't - they exist in the head section rather than the body section of the page - only code in the body section is displayed on the page.

I have a Video squeeze page with very little word content on it, using meta tag generator helps list a short discription and relevant keywords for the google bots.

I have a Video squeeze page with very little word content on it, using meta tag generator helps list a short discription and relevant keywords for the google bots.

The description is not used for ranking but may be used as the snippet for search results, depending on the search term.

Google has stated repeatedly and publicly that they ignore the meta keywords tag, as do all other major search engines.

If the page is converting well for you, it's not because of the tags. If it's ranking well, it's not because of the tags.

After a quick hunt on google's help pages trying to find a basic outline on how Google ranks, I found a nice little SEO guide made by Google that may be of some help.

I atleast found it quite an interesting read. But I know next to squat about SEO. :)

I cannot post links (being a newbie), so you will need to google "Google's Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide" to bring it up. :)

banners
Back