The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Search Engine of Choice

Callme

Whenever I need information, I either go to Yahoo or to Google. Specially with the Google toolbar neatly installed and accessible, it becomes quicker to search for anything. Search results are often satisfactory and if I don't find it in Google, I go to Yahoo, or vice versa. My friend introduced me to AskJeeves (it has been renamed, I think), which I rarely use. As for MSN, I don't really use it, unless I just logged out of my hotmail account and the homepage gets back to MSN.

I use SEOquake. Its is one of the best tools out there that gives you all the information you need for each site you visit. It really helps in staying competitive in market.

It gives out google pr, alexa ranking, yahoo and msn information, whois data and lot more.

Check it out.

I use SEOQuake tool bar and I love it. I can check the stats of any page at any time when I am on the internet. It is free to download.

I mostly use on Google. But there are times that Yahoo results are better than Google. I guess one reason is that Yahoo tends to give more importance on the onpage factors of a site.

I mostly use Google, but I do occasionally do Yahoo, or even one of my perennial favorites, Dogpile. Before I became a Googleaholic, I used Dogpile all the time. That way, I got the best of all the search engines.

Google is my home page.. I must admit I never use the other engines unless I'm doing stat research for my own sites....

Whoa, I haven't heard the "A" word come up in ages.
Forgot they were even still around.

OFF TOPIC
I remember back when Altavista was #1 and I started doing SEO for a living.
I got a client #1 in Altavista for "New Cars" out of 3 million or something.
Thought I was a hotshot! Those were the good old days!
Now in G there are 33.8 MILLION competing pages.
No way to get even close to #1.

OK back on topic... :p
Favorite search engine???

I use Google more often than not because they allow me to set it up with nothing but the search bar. I have the basic Google page and not adding the themes and widget stuff that they're rolling out.

Prior to that, I was a Yahoo user, but the search page comes with so many other things that I didn't really care for. Now, I'm paying attention to them since I do online marketing.

Google is my favorite Search Engine

Hi,

I like google very much, when ever i need information, i always search in google, because of google's number one position in internet marketing and exact results given by the google, most of the internet users marked google as their favourite search engine.

Thanks,
McCain.

I use Google and Yahoo.....let me try the SEOQuake...pretty good word of mouth

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretty much use Google for most unless I wanna see how somethin shows in results for one of the others. Personally if I wanna search for somethin I use this:
Not sure I can put a link in here or not so will leave out some of it (definitely not an affiliate link of any type)

lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/SearchEngines.html

(didn't put in the part that would make it a link, so don't think I was bad:p If so, tho Larwee please delete it. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page of it you can find more specific topics where you can search, too.

Here's another one that has all kinds of stuff:
refdesk.com

took out the stuff that made it a link, too. (again, am not affiliated in any way at all with either site...don't even think they'd have an affiliate program)

Purplebear, both of those are nice sites:

Recommended Search Engines

Refdesk.com ... Reference, Facts, News ... Free and Family-friendly Resources

I have been using refdesk.com for years. By the way, it is owned by the father of Matt Drudge.

We have no objection or rule aginst members linking to helpful resources. Our rule is against members linking to their own sites/blogs in the discussion forums. If it is their own site/blog, members may not link to it or give the URL even if they feel it is the best resource in the history of the entire world.

"even if they feel it is the best resource in the history of the entire world."

lol :) naaaah I'd never feel that way bout somethin that was mine regardless :p nope, no worries I don't ever put my links in sigs or anything even when I'm allowed to. Just in profiles at places, etc. where they let ya do it.

Was pretty sure that was your policy here regarding links but figured to be on the safe side, would tall ya so you could remove it if I was wrong.;)

lol Guess our minds think alike:p Don't even remember where I learned bout those two sites but have been using em since pretty much the beginning. Maybe I read a post you may have made somewhere without knowin it was you and that's how I learned about them.

"By the way, it is owned by the father of Matt Drudge."
lol :) never woulda known that

MI
Back