The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Scam Alert warning

Brasco

I received a letter from a listener of Affiliate Marketing Insider that responded to an interview featuring Rebecca Madigan on 9.24.09 titled "Performance Marketing Association Fights Affiliate Tax".

Wanted to know if we could get a response from a PMA member on this. I'll be happy to pass along the answer.

From Ross D. Smith,
Squamish, BC, Canada

Hello, I just got off of craigslist where I was greeted by a full page "scam alert" warning of scams related to Affiliate Marketing. Much of what they are calling "scams" are our legitimate business practices. Can you tell me if your group has done anything to address this problem and what I as an individual can do to combat this misinformation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brasco,

I blogged about this back in November.
<a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/3666/craigslist-affiliate-scammers.html">CraigsList Warns re Affiliate Scammers ? Tells How to Bust Them</a>

I'm not sure if the PMA is aware or not. They are so tied up and busy with all the tax issues these days that I know that has to be their main priority right now.

One thing Ross should be aware of though is that affiliate links are not allowed on Craigslist, so if he's using Craig's as a marketing avenue, that's a problem.

MI
Back