The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Review site question

ArizonaJay

<b>5 Star Moderator</b>
affiliate
I an considering including some review / personal opinions of products on my Website. If one is honest and legit, not all reviews will be positive, right? So if I were an affiliate for a merchant who sells a variety of products in my niche, and I have made money from them in the past (perhaps via a genuinely glowing product review), how is that merchant going to react if I post a negative review. I recognize that I would be highly unlikely to make any money from the negative review but it seems to me that long term those honest bad reviews would actually add credibility to the site.

For that matter, how are affiliate networks going to react to this scenario?

I think both merchants and networks realize that honest reviews have positives as well as negatives. Review sites are totally acceptable and a popular model, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I think both merchants and networks realize that honest reviews have positives as well as negatives. Review sites are totally acceptable and a popular model, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Except maybe learning some tact to avoid saying "I think this product was total crap." ;)

Thanks Linda.

Except maybe learning some tact to avoid saying "I think this product was total crap." ;)

Thanks Linda.

Having honest reviews is an important aspect of building credibility. However I would stay away from posting reviews that have only negative things to say about a product. Try to find reviews with big positives with a negative attached to it.

Thanks Linda.

Hey AJ. I would assume that if you find a specific product or service "crap" then you would not be promoting said product/service as an affiliate anyway. One possible work-around could be that you offer an alternative to the crappy product/service. That way, you can promote the alternative product/service while giving your readers a sense that you went that extra mile to help them out. Take care and all the best.

I think you should just stick to been honest when writing a review, this way you review site will gain trust from users and you can even be making money from merchants but if you are thinking of benefitting from it in short term from merchants then writing appraisal reviews should do.

Review sites are about people, period. If all you have on your site is "good stuff" reviewed...how would you react as a consumer who's looking for honest stuff?

Write the negative, the not-so negative, and the positive about your reviewed items...it will come across as genuine if it's genuine...if it's not genuine...it won't come across as genuine.

Your objective is to first build credibility with a visitor...so if all you are offering are the "good" reviews...how could you gain credibility if you've never reviewed anything negative at all?

I'm not saying call things "crap" in a demeaning fashion...but if you think a particular product didn't cut it...write that.

Review Sites Work

Review sites give the customer a choice in a purchase. People want to know what they are spending there hard earned money on and always want to make sure they are getting the best value for their dollar. You can solve there problem right there. Mike.

MI
Back