The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Revenue share in software industry. How many %?

marishik88

affiliate
My company started working on an affiliate program. The product is unique educational (finance industry) software. I'm interested what is a revenue share today if I use an affiliate? What to start with? Any tips and new trends?

Thanks.

I moved your thread to the merchant/affiliate manager forum since, the newbie forum is for affiliate Qs.

There's a good thread right below this one where I answer the same question in more detail - but software commissions are usually around 50 - 75%. It varies somewhat due to the type of product. So best to find other products like your and see what they pay.

My company started working on an affiliate program. The product is unique educational (finance industry) software. I'm interested what is a revenue share today if I use an affiliate? What to start with? Any tips and new trends?

Thanks.

Your affiliate pay out will be based on a large number of things such as: up front price, cost of product, cost of support, any possible re-marketing that may or may not be commissionable for the original affiliate, lifetime value of the customer, e-commerce fees, network fees etc etc.

Let me know if you have any more questions or have specific questions I can help out with.

Mitch

I agree with ParetoMitch.

I've seen some commissions on software at just 25% and then others up to 75% or so. How much you pay your affiliates depends on differing things and only you can decide in the end.

Probably best to pay commission on the lower side, if you find your not getting any affiliates, then you have some margin to be able to up your commission a bit or do bonuses to affiliates that produce x amount of sales each month or something along them lines.

And I will have to agree with AffiliateSeeking, that it is always better to start on the lower side as no one ever likes anything being taken from them. It is far better to start at 25% then work up to 50% then start at 75% and go back to 50%.

We don't actually sell software, but rather software advice, and we offer our affiliates 25%. They seem pretty happy with this as average pay-out per "sale" is ~$100.

MI
Back