Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Responsive Vs App!

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
So i'm having a problem myself with one of my new websites - I'm not sure wether to build it fully responsive so it works on mobiles without an app or to have a mobile app.

They both have benefits - the main benefit of the app is push notifications etc!

Both is a great option, but i'd like to discuss to pros and cons of each... For me it's important for all my newly built sites to be fully responsive. However apps serve a great purpose.

If you can do both that would be awesome. In case if you need to choose one then I would suggest you to go for responsive layout. We have over 5 Billion smartphone users and many of them will access your website. So , if you won't have a responsive layout that will irritate them and they won't go out there and search for your app. Hope I made my point clear.

If you can do both that would be awesome. In case if you need to choose one then I would suggest you to go for responsive layout. We have over 5 Billion smartphone users and many of them will access your website. So , if you won't have a responsive layout that will irritate them and they won't go out there and search for your app. Hope I made my point clear.

Yeah I agree actually - the other thing is most platforms now have 3rd party plugins and software that provide an app solution to smartphone browsers.

It is important to determine your main goals and what is important for your audience. If possible, you should build a mobile site and an app at the same time. Otherwise start by building a mobile site first as it is less expensive and easier to manage.

Our Pros and Cons

Mobile Website

Pros:

Only one universal version to develop
Compatible with all browsersmobile site
Affordable costs and short development times
Updates and edits available immediately in real-time
No need for available space on a device to download the app
Easy to find on search engines

Cons:

Requires internet connection
Limited features
Slower than a native app

Native Application

Pros:

Better user experience and device optimization
Faster than a mobile site
Ability to use the app offlinemobile-app
Integration of specific phone features (GPS, camera, push notifications, accelerometer)
Easy to find on the App Stores (iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone Market)
Users spend more time on apps

Cons:

Need to develop a different app for each OS
Updates must be approved by App Store (for iOS apps) and users have to update the app
More expensive and more time-consuming to develop and publish

Take a look at this image too http://blog.mobpartner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mobile_comparison.jpg

According to me responsive design is a good option as it helps access to business through any of the devices with any OS. Whereas mobile app may incur restrictions to certain operating system. I have got my design updated to responsive web design. I advice to go for responsive web design.

Last edited:
banners
Back