The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Resize images automatically on the server

jennypretty

affiliate
Hello,

I have a dating site. Some members upload big images from their camera on my site. They don't know how to resize the image before uploading on my dating site.

I like to know if there is any script to run automatically on the server to resize the large images once a day or once a week? when I search on google, there is only script to resize images on local computer only.

I have a dating folder domain com/photos/
Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

This should be done when the user uploads the image. I presume you can contact your web designer about this?

You can let your users chose how to cut the image with javascript, then pass the values to php, use the Image Processing (GD Graphics Library) functions to deal with the rest.

You could install a gallery that runs with something like Imagemagik, this can be set to automatically resize images, as i dont know anything about your site or structure, i have no way to no if this is fesible, just a thought.

If the solution above is hard then the easy way is to restrict user image size and ask your user to resize it before uploading. This will saves you hard disk space and also bandwidth I guess.

MI
Back