The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Reduce your Server Response Time

C

Cavalier0754

One of the things Google measures websites on is the server response time.

What do you guys do on your servers to improve it and keep your response times down?

Would you be able to explain what the CDN is and turning on the FCGI does and also what other effects you get for using them

(From Webopedia) CDN:
A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server.

Basically, it holds your content on servers around the world. When someone accesses my website from Australia - the CDN will serve my websites content from their Australian server (if applicable).

(From Wikipedia) FCGI:
FastCGI is a binary protocol for interfacing interactive programs with a web server. FastCGI is a variation on the earlier Common Gateway Interface (CGI); FastCGI's main aim is to reduce the overhead associated with interfacing the web server and CGI programs, allowing a server to handle more web page requests at once.

Basically instead of creating a new process for each request, it uses persistent processes to handle requests.

Both links contain a deeper definition.

I unfortunately don't have before and after screenshot of statistics of using a CDN. But I can show you before and after screenshots of using a caching plugin and FCGI.

Without FCGI and caching plugin:
tyc9yAr.png

With:
5xjcGgO.png

Using these will most definitely help with load time.

MI
Back