The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Recommend a web hosting for UK WW

temi

affiliate
I am shopping for a hosting company to move this forum to. Based on Skinner and other 1 and 1 customers reveiw I was tempted to move to them but Skinner said the max space allowed for MySQL is 100 MB which mean, if we move this forum to them (Database is currently about 50MB) we will be shopping for yet another host when this forum doubles in size which I am hopping will be shortly.

Can anyone recommend a UK based hosting company that is stable and allows more than 100 MB MySQL db size?

Temi, this database limitations are for shared accounts - you may want to investigate little bit more if you are looking for DS or VPS...

I recommend Heart Internet, but I understand you have issues with them. So the other very good recommendation is Hostnine Excellent support, including live support. They are not UK based but do have servers in the UK. If you host on the reseller plan you can choose from 9 server locations (and of course sell the spare space you have)

Midlandi,
This site is hosted on Heart Internet, it goes offline quite often so I will NOT recommend them to any one.

Please read Martins review of Hostnine here :(

Strange as I get no issues with them at all??? Ben with them about 3 years now.

I must say I totally disagree with the review of Hostnine, have used them and know of a dozen or so people who do without any problems at all.Support has been great and features/add ons better than alot of other providers.

Hey, but thats just my opinion:innocent:

I wish I had the same experience that you had with H9. If you check out their support
forum, you will see the many other resellers who are "jumping ship" like I did.

Good thing you are happy with them Midlandi!

1and1 may yet be your answer Temi.
Have you taken a look at their other packages?
I think their Managed Server is unlimited on their Database plus they have many other packages you may want to take a look at!

Cheers Vic,
I am also waiting for quotes from some data centres about having out own clustered server hosted... it that will cost and arm and I leg, may have to go to 1 and 1 , thanks for the suggestions

banners
Back