The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Really basic Voluum question

ChickenTyleraki

affiliate
Hey all,

I finally have a bit of cash to plunge into affilate marketing and I have a very simple question.

What is/how does Voluum work. I understand that it's a tracker and you use it to analyze your traffic/conversions (I think?) but how does it work. I was reading through the documentation and it says theres no installation, you just register. Would that mean that you host your landing pages right on it then drive traffic to it?

Basically I have an angle/offer I would like to promote, I'm approved by a network and have a bit of paid advertising capital however I'm clueless about tracking and landing page design..

It's a cloud hosted tracker, meaning you don't have to have your own hosted tracking solution, but you'll still have to upload your landing pages to your own server.

How does it gather information though? Say Facebook is my traffic source.

Facebook ad clicks through to landing page, clicks through to offer, converts.

I just don't really understand where the tracker comes in?

EDIT:
Does a tracker shorten your click through link? Like

Facebook -> Voluum link to landing page -> Offer?

Does a tracker shorten your click through link? Like

Facebook -> Voluum link to landing page -> Offer?

When you set a campaign on voluum , you need to specify the traffic source which you need to add your tracker first with custom variables and the landing page and offer. Upon campaign set up completion Voluum will give a url for your campaign. That is the url you should use to set up your ads on facebook. So, when someone clicks your ads on facebook, then they will go to your campaign url first, then they will go to your landing page and then to offer. Incase of direct linking they will just go directly to the offer page through your campaign url.

Landing Page:
Facebook ads >> Voluum Campaign url>> Landing Page >> Offer

Direct Linking:
Facebook ads >> Voluum Campaign url>> Offer

For more information check this voluum guide: Gold - Voluum - The Ultimate Guide!

banners
Back