The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Questions about VPS! If you are tech person Help me

TrafficYoda

VPS.... I am no tech person, one of the biggest disadvantaged you can have in AM. Okay I digress... but I am those person who always need the AM to help set up tracking link and postback url. Also always asking questions to bot, tracker etc.

These questions are people who are opposite of me. Okay I am talking too much. here's the question.

VPS currently with the help of various of youtube videos I have managed to setup and use free tier AWS ec2 windows 64-bit which is awesome it looks exactly like a computer easy!(I tried to use lunic or lniks the thing that start with L and uses putty program... I tried to learn to use it for more than 3 days just couldn't do it.....I almost broke my monitor in fustration...)
But the windows EC2 I am using has cpu is 1 gb and memories is 1 gb
I don't mind the memory since after with my bot(followliker) I can still run 3 instance but breaks down on 4 but doesn't matter I only need 3 instance anyway

The thing is it LAGS SO MUCH!
So much that just editing each account setting can take a whole day
One click and the bot froze, wait a few minutes and click again this time it freezes and needs to restore program...and finally got one setting done. NEXT the same things goes over and over again.

I can't take it no more, not only it can't seem to finish daily task, and if I try to do work that got to be done is so slow. If it lags THIS much obviously it can't finish tasks either causing me less revenue for the day. (it's costing me time and money help!!!)

Now My QUESTION IS (sorry my question is long and my English is not my mother language so it must be pain to your eyes...)
Recommend me VPS that I can use like 24/7 that doesn't lag and I actually can do work on it! don't have to waste a whole day to finish a few hour work. Also I am just running bots on it so I am hoping it wouldn't be pricey either.

You obviously need to upgrade your instance to a one with more RAM. I think you'll need at least 4GB of RAM to run that bot smoothly. AWS will be way to expensive for Windows servers. I think it's better to go with another provider.

And it's a good thing you didn't get Linux working. Linux will have way to much trouble to run a bot than Windows.

You obviously need to upgrade your instance to a one with more RAM. I think you'll need at least 4GB of RAM to run that bot smoothly. AWS will be way to expensive for Windows servers. I think it's better to go with another provider.

And it's a good thing you didn't get Linux working. Linux will have way to much trouble to run a bot than Windows.

Hmm could you recommend me a good server?
Okay server for 4GM
I check with the first vps on google alpharacks -> wow the prices are steep! do you know any decent server with good prices?
Hmm when I enter a vps website they say things like
RAID-10 Disk Space
bandwith
Cores
Uplink Speed

Is these things important? if so, do you know what I should be looking for? like how much should I be looking for to run bot smoothly.

Ah yes Linux that's what it is called.
Good thing I didn't got it worked out lol!

Also I have a question, does vps speed depends on your actual location? like if I live in Asia connecting to vps in US will it be slow? than connecting to closer location like europe?

Hmm could you recommend me a good server?
Okay server for 4GM
I check with the first vps on google alpharacks -> wow the prices are steep! do you know any decent server with good prices?
Hmm when I enter a vps website they say things like
RAID-10 Disk Space
bandwith
Cores
Uplink Speed

Is these things important? if so, do you know what I should be looking for? like how much should I be looking for to run bot smoothly.

Ah yes Linux that's what it is called.
Good thing I didn't got it worked out lol!

Sent you a PM. Windows servers are usually expensive than Linux. But the provider I sent you has a good deal. check it out. You should look at all those stuff. 10 Disk Space will not be enough. You should look for at least 50GB disk, 4GB RAM and 4 CPU cores. Up-link is also important.

Also I have a question, does vps speed depends on your actual location? like if I live in Asia connecting to vps in US will it be slow? than connecting to closer location like europe?

It won't be slow. But if the VPS is in a closer location there will be a little advantage. But in most cases it's even not noticeable.

Sent you a PM. Windows servers are usually expensive than Linux. But the provider I sent you has a good deal. check it out. You should look at all those stuff. 10 Disk Space will not be enough. You should look for at least 50GB disk, 4GB RAM and 4 CPU cores. Up-link is also important.
I'm checking out the link you gave me, they do seem to have good deals and some free deals too.
I'll search for the detailed service like you said
50gb disk-space = memory
4gb RAM = what does this do anyway?
4 cpu cores = speed

It won't be slow. But if the VPS is in a closer location there will be a little advantage. But in most cases it's even not noticeable.
Okay I see so the location doesn't matter :)

I'm checking out the link you gave me, they do seem to have good deals and some free deals too.
I'll search for the detailed service like you said
50gb disk-space = memory
4gb RAM = what does this do anyway?
4 cpu cores = speed

Okay I see so the location doesn't matter :)

RAM also contribute to the speed.

That's expected with Amazon. With the free tier, you're not getting 100% of the cpu at all times, you're getting throttled bursts. You have to move up to M1 Small at least to get continuous non-throttled CPU. The free tier is to get you familiar with using Amazon. It isn't designed to run production level stuff off of it.

Also, don't get confused by the memory display fields in Task Manager. Whether Windows users or Linux users, very few understand how VM (virtual memory works). The only field that should concern you is Available which is the equivalent of Buffers/Cache on Linux machines. Far too many people incorrectly think their computer is hogging up their memory when the OS VM smartly puts things in the disk cache so if an regularly used application or service needs memory, access is almost instantaneous.

Explanation of the CPU problem for Micro instances:

Last edited:
That's expected with Amazon. With the free tier, you're not getting 100% of the cpu at all times, you're getting throttled bursts. You have to move up to M1 Small at least to get continuous non-throttled CPU. The free tier is to get you familiar with using Amazon. It isn't designed to run production level stuff off of it.

Also, don't get confused by the memory display fields in Task Manager. Whether Windows users or Linux users, very few understand how VM (virtual memory works). The only field that should concern you is Available which is the equivalent of Buffers/Cache on Linux machines. Far too many people incorrectly think their computer is hogging up their memory when the OS VM smartly puts things in the disk cache so if an regularly used application or service needs memory, access is almost instantaneous.

Explanation of the CPU problem for Micro instances:

LOL! frankly i understood half of what you are saying. So in conclusion free tier is never gonna help my bot run smooth.
(SO SAD!) Moving up to M1 small.... Hmmm I personally have no idea what that is but Amazon has a very expensive vps to even think about upgrading there, Do you know any other services that does the trick?

Give me a screenshot of the Performance tab of Task Manager running on your instance while your bots are running and I can make a recommendation. I don't know which version of Windows you're running. So, here are some examples.

windows-task-manager-performance-tab.jpg

RAM-or-Memory-Task-Manager-Performance-tab-Windows-Wally.png

Currently moved to Microsoft azure for the time being until I find something permanent

This is the performance tab from server manager
ShUCxlr

775zkxw

It could also be the location of the server as well. Do you know where the server is located, and where are you located?

MI
Back