The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Question on Ebooks

fizzy

affiliate
I have read in the forum that selling Ebooks doesn't pay well because they are very saturated. My question is could they be a good supplement? I have some niche stores that are getting sales like one on rv parts, but I don't know enough about the products or the subject to be able to write an insightful post. If I put an Ebook for sale on say how to buy rvs do you think it will turn people off? Should I just look for articles to put on my site?

Niche ebooks like that may be OK. It's the get rich quick, Internet marketing type ebooks that are really saturated and tough to make it with especially for newbies.

I'm sort of anti-ebooks in general so maybe I'm biased but my STRONG guess is that in the non IM (Internet marketing) realm, like RVs - the typical one page hypey sales letter approach would be a complete turn off. We've grown used to see that marketing style in the IM space but I think average Joe surfer probably would run the other way. So just double check to be sure you're not sending people to a crappy typical CB type sales page.

My biased 2 cents. :p

"So just double check to be sure you're not sending people to a crappy typical CB type sales page."

True that,i'll definately check first to see it doesn't direct you to an obnoxious ad. Thanks for the insight, I think I'll pass on the ebook for now or test it out on a different site. I was thinking I'd just do research, write an informed article and then provide the ebook as a further reference, but the more I think about, the more it just feels dirty, like I'm jacking them for money even when I'm supposed to be providing info, lol!

Good points. Think of it this way too. You need lots of traffic before you can start making any sales. So 1st work on content that will help attract traffic, then work on marketing to build up your hits. After you build up content and traffic to the point where it would start resulting in some sales - by then you'll probably know more and be in a better position to make decisions about what programs to promote.

MI
Back