The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Question about Anchor Texts

jonathan9926

affiliate
Let's say there are two links at a website pointing to another website.
So let's say link 1 and link 2 are pointing to affiliatedomain.com
For real world example, let's say that you created an article in Ezine and in the resource box, you are given two links and both links point to your homepage.

Does both anchor text count? If link 1 has "cheap cars" and link 2 has "high quality leather", and they both point to one site, then will I get credit for both anchor texts?

Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that its 1 link a page that counts, because if thats the case, it would be so easy to get hundreds of links out there in no time, if all you had to do was create different text to each anchor. But this is a good question :eek:, im curious as well.

I think it's counted as one backlink, considering pr juice, but the different anchor might be noted and factored into a separate consideration.

It's counted as two links. If there are two links from the same page, you will get less PageRank passed per link. The anchor text will count for both links.

However, in your example, it seems likely that one of those links will not match the page content if the other one does. Therefore, the relevance factor kicks in and the value of the non-matching link may be devalued for that reason. Ranking well for any search term requires that there be a match for page title, page content, and incoming anchor text.

Yes of course they are. But as I said, in all likelihood they won't be weighted equally.

MI
Back