The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about Affiliate?

mekap04

affiliate
Ok I am new to this kind of stuff, but I dont know if I am doing this the right way. I am a member of a program where you have to advertise a website (that sells itself). It mainly focused on selling ebooks with master resale rights. Would that be called an affiliate program? I make 100% commision on it but how do you advertise something like that or build a website around its niche when its already a website itself? This may seem like much but any little bit helps. Thanks.

It sounds like an affiliate program. Although you make 100% commission, the program originator makes their money from backend sales

mekap04 Sounds like you are making the mistake many new affiliates make and trying to sell how to make money online or Internet marketing type stuff to other newbies, when you are a newbie yourself. That market is filled with sharks and pros and about the hardest place you could start.

Plus when you do resale rights stuff like that, well much of it is low quality and if it's private label rights tons of others are selling the exact same thing. Most of us have seen the same stuff a hundred times and it's just really hard to sell. EVEN for $2. And at $2 a pop, considering you probably need 200 visitors to make a sale you'll need 5,000 visitors to just make your 1st $50.

Oh and for every $2 you make the guy that put together the package is probably making $50 - 75 off your efforts because he's got all his affiliate links in all the books and you are doing almost free advertising for him. When you understand how it all works it really quite a brilliant marketing plan - for him. :eek:

MY RANT: Programs like this really upset me. You have the pros trying to capitalize on and take advantage of newbies that don't know any better. Then you get all the newbies trying to sell stuff to each other when they don't even understand what they are really selling. It all adds up to a bunch of noise that adds no real value most of the time. (I know there could be a couple things in the package that are worth something but...)

There are much better ways to begin to make money. Read all the stickies in our newbie forum and try to come up with a unique niche that millions of other affiliates aren't already saturating.

My grumpy, opinionated 2 cents on the subject. ;)
(I just really hate to see newbies taken advantage of.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda, again, you have shown what a true person you are from the post.

I have been into the same situation as mekap04. Believing that the private label rights products are going to make huge money for me. Hey, I don't need to create the product and I get all the money for myself. It sounded really good.

It is only when I promote the stuff and no one went for it. That was the most painful days in my internet marketing life. :(

I think I will still do the same thing if I didn't read the article about private label rights. Like you said, tons of others are selling the exact same thing. The competition is just too fierce.

So, mekap04, if you want to earn money online, listen to Linda and study the stickies before you do anything else.

Thank you Linda.

By the way, Linda,

Is there no way that I can make money from promoting private label right products?

I know that sounds silly but I just need to know so that I can stop dreaming about that.

Thank you.

By the way, Linda,

Is there no way that I can make money from promoting private label right products?

I know that sounds silly but I just need to know so that I can stop dreaming about that.

Thank you.

Well I don't think you should ever stop dreaming
and I think many things are possible if you really try!​

I don't mean to say PLR are always bad or are wrong for everyone,
mainly I just don't think it's a good way for newbies to start.

After you know enough to evaluate things and have been around the block and are past the point of being a starry eyed newbie :p you are in a better place to choose what you think is worth trying.

I have a bit of a personal bias against both PLRs and eBooks because so much of it is junk and hype - yet lots of affiliates make good money selling ebooks. So I'm not a good one to ask because I just don't like info products.

One thing I know for sure though - IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.
So let your gut guide you in that respect. :eek:

Linda,
You are awesome!

When I got this type of offers I'm always trying to figure out how they are making their money...
Once answering this question to myself or at least having a good sense one can go on and evaluate the offers.

Yet, there are MANY opportunities out there....so Trust and Verify (my 2 cents)

For our success while enjoying to process :)
The PPCBully

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.

Thanks Linda,

I like the statement. :eek:

I have been practising that since I paid too much for things that sound too good and easy. Just wish that I know you when I started the business.:(

But anyway, you only get smarter when make more mistakes.

Thanks again. :eek:

banners
Back