The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Promoting an affiliate program

Andrea Williams

Hi everyone!

I am a merchant, and just wanted to know what it is you look for from an affiliate program when thinking about promoting it.

I want to give my affiliates the best possible service, so would love your feedback!

Thanks, great to be here

Andrea :)

Well, first of all you could add a link to it in your signature. There are a lot of interesting readings on this forum or elsewhere about ways of promoting an affiliate program and what affiliates are looking for. I will just give you some hints:
- affiliates are looking for products that sell
- affiliates want to be sure they receive their hard earned commission
- affiliates are partnering with merchants that have sites and products that convert well.

Hope it helps.

I agree with above but one of the things that drive me away from a potential merchant or affiliate program is if the affiliate link is on the sales letter.

You can lose a lot of commission this way. If it's an ebook and they use Clickbank as their affiliate provider, the easiest way for anyone to lose a commission is for the buyer to click on the CB link or copy/paste their own CB nickname in place of referring affiliate.

So put aff. link on another page or just in email. The only way to cloak your CB link so it can't be stolen is with software I use called Affiliate Link Cloner.

Dan

Hi JDF39,

Correct, and what you are saying enters the more generic:
"affiliates want to be sure they receive their hard earned commission" phrase.

MI
Back