The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Promoting Affiliate Program but advertising Amazon/iTune links

MaryAnderson

affiliate
I am brand new to affiliate management but have this scenerio of promoting the Affiliate program which leads to the main website products can be purchased but also where there will be amazon or itune links to also purchase the product.

This doesn't seem like this would be favorable to the affiliates to promote the product and then visitors would see the option to purchase elsewhere.

Am I seeing this clearly?
Thanks you,
Mary

Mary,

If I understand correctly, you are the affiliate manager for a merchant and you are asking if you can also put links up to Amzaon and itunes. Correct? If so, and those links are affiliate links, that is what we call a leak in this bussiness. Affiliates will be hesitant to join or promote your program as you have links that will take the cusomer away from your site and most likely away from any commission the affiliate could have earned. Many affiliates feel the same way about very visible 800 numbers as that took takes the customer away from the tracking link that would have been used to track their sale.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Ron,
This answer is very helpful. I am an affiliate manager for a merchant - it was someone else working with the merchant that proposed the amazon.itunes etc links be on the website. I am new to affiliate management but this did not feel like a good thing but I could not state intelligibly why. With your answer I now know what a leak is and that we would not want to do that. I feel educated!

Thanks again,
Mary

Mary,

Glad to be of help. That's what forums like this are so great for, to bounce ideas and thoughts off of those who have been around the block a few times. Happy to help and look forward to more questions.

banners
Back