The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Programming Tips for Beginners

C

Cavalier0754

When you started programming what is the one thing you wish you had known or done at the start?

I had it all planned quite well. I was very pleased with my entrance into that industry. In the end, I wish I had learned more languages.

Learn when to take a break. If you get stuck walk away and come back later

Before get in any language you should know the basic of programming language. When you get basic knowledge then schedule daily time span to spend on improving programming skills.

Practice. It's not like you can read and then know it. Think of small goals/projects you might be able to do with the code/reading you have done and try it yourself. Coding is a lot of getting stuck and solving the issue yourself and with other resources. Nobody can code out of the box after just reading.

I wish I had known that PHP is a poor language that encourages terrible programming practices. The only thing good that can be said about:

• There is a pretty safe bet that virtually every webhost will have it available
  • There's lots of of the shelf software written in it
  • The documentation is pretty decent

Note that things you actually want in a language like performance, maintainability, and type safety are not on that list.

if you want going well with any programming languages, keep strict to the syntax. Practicing Algorithms is good for improvement in logic and it helps to understand the internal working of a program. C Language is good base for programming.
Start with modular programming, Data Structure, Object Oriented Programming using c++, Internet Programming using PHP, Start with Relational Database Management system are good base for programming.

banners
Back