The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Programmer Tools

P

Piotrek

Many of us visiting the forums has something to do with the code. It may be HTML/CSS, it may also be Javascript, or PHP, SQL etc. The further you go the more you appreciate a good text editor. I tried 3 for a longer period, now it is my 4th I just fell in love with - Notepad++ :) I'm using it for few days now and I'm happy like a kid who just got a bag of candies. Really. The only thing I miss from my previous editor is integration with function manual for PHP (it displayed a link to function description in manual as I typed it in the script).

So my question is - if any of you used Notepad++, do you know how I can integrate PHP manual into it (and maybe other, like javascript etc.)?

I was also wondering which editors do you use, and why them?

Best Regards,
Piotrek

I always use CONText on Windows ( http://www.context.cx/ )
and Gedit on Linux.

Gedit cause it's the standard text editor on Gnome and it has code coloring.

I use CONText cause it was written by a coleague of mine and I've been using it for years.

Thanks Melkior!

I just found out how to switch on auto completion option in Notepad++ :D I love it :) It does not link to the manual, but I think if I played about with the plugin file... ;)

CONText looks really nice, I'll check it out when I get some time, or tell my friends to check it out :)

banners
Back