The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Problems Installing XAMPP & Problems with Port 80

D

debdenby

Hi,

I've been trying to install XAMPP and each time I get to the control panel
I have MySQL and FileZilla running, but can't get Apache to run.

I thought it might be an issue with Port 80 based on posts on other forums that I read, but I I clicked on the XAMPP port check icon in the XAMPP folder and next to Port 80 it says:

C:\Program filles\XAMPP\appache\bin\apache.exe. I'm not sure that helps or not. At one point I did have Skype installed but I deleted it some time ago. Another forum post suggested that Skype might be an issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Firewall settings perhaps?

Hi Minstrel,

Good to see you again. Maybe...I'll look into that. What I'm getting now is "directory mismatch," whatever that means.

How do you temporarily suspend a firewall?

Thanks!

"Directory mismatch" doesn't sound like a firewall issue. It sounds like a configuration issue. However, I've never tried to install or configure XAMPP so I probably am not going to be a lot of help.

Could it be a Windows vs. 'Nix issue? The term "directory mismatch" suggests it's looking for some sort of file structure and finding something different. Or a permissions issue?

defiantly a issue with your firewall if their nothing you can do then please try to use WAMP as its a good alternative and has alot more functions In my eyes

banners
Back