The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

prob. a dumb question??

jon miller

affiliate
Just wondering why so many do cpa marketing. When I see things like content locking I myself usually get irritated. Seems spammy. wouldn't be a better choice to try to affiliate for a specific niche with associated products?

Just wondering why so many do cpa marketing. When I see things like content locking I myself usually get irritated. Seems spammy. wouldn't be a better choice to try to affiliate for a specific niche with associated products?

This is a very common mistake among new marketers. I say mistake, maybe or maybe not, but new marketers often allow personal moral beliefs to influence whether or not to participate in a method, tactic, strategy, vertical, platform, etc. when it is perfectly legal to do so. I'm not suggesting you ignore your moral imperatives, however, marketing is all about bringing together to factions that are made for one another. In our cases, its the consumer and the advertiser.

Most of us are simply data miners that apply our collected data to produce revenues. On average, we don't spend any effort trying to justify, judge, or otherwise find some means to discriminate.

That said, to each his own I say. I understand completely your irritation with content locking. After all it's preventing you from obtaining what's promised until you perform some task like giving up an email address or something else. However, marketers are not interested in the folks that are irritated about it. They are only interested in the individuals that are not irritated by it and gladly perform the task. You see, when we find a way to target a specific consumer and we can get them to perform, we earn. It is simply collecting data and using the data to bring consumer and advertiser together. Nothing immoral or inappropriate. Just a form of match making.

T J

I 100% understand what your saying, but in the quest of SEO doesn't looking like spam go against you? I was under the understanding that search engines try to weed these things out. Plus trying to create a recurring traffic would be hindered by upsetting the trafficker?

I 100% understand what your saying, but in the quest of SEO doesn't looking like spam go against you?

Again, you are associating personal feelings with a lawful business practice. In addition, you've interjected SEO into the conversation. Previously you associated the conversation with content locking. Two entirely different approaches are involved. SEO is largely used for content marketing and not for content locking, which is a much different animal and not associated typically with SEO.

I was under the understanding that search engines try to weed these things out.

Yes, the SERPS typically have some type of algorithm(s) that seeks out many of the types of pages that are interpreted as bridge pages, et al. However, these types of pages rely on paid traffic sources and not the SERPS rankings.

Plus trying to create a recurring traffic would be hindered by upsetting the trafficker?

I don't understand this statement/question.

Like i said if it looks like spam and irritates the consumer why would they return?

To be honest, I think your are screwing with me, or you just don't get it. This was answered clearly in my first response.

isn't the point to try to generate more business or just one time events?

It appears that you are trying to psychoanalyze something here and that will lead you nowhere. Are you trying to learn how to market, or are you trying to be judgmental about the industry?

Why are you here? What are your goals? Are you, or have you ever been, a marketer? What is your past business experience?

Maybe if you answer these, we'll have a better idea of how to help you. This thread is in the "Newbie Help Desk" forum and I have yet to see you post anything about needing help as a newbie.

I am seriously not trying to screw with you. Its just running across this site it seems like everyone is doing this marketing thing entirely different than all of the things i have been trying to learn. I am just trying to figure out why these ways are worth me focusing my efforts. and to answer your question no i have never been a marketer, just trying to figure it all out, and I am in no way trying to judge. Just trying to find a way to make internet marketing be able to work for me.

Ah, this is a clash of brick and mortar advertising ideals in a digital marketing landscape. CPA is focused around the one-time sale idea vs the reoccurring customer.

Thank you, that I did not know. Can anyone enlighten me on what is a more profitable venture? Or if the latter is worth pursuing?

Profitable in the short term? Drugs, Prostitution, Bank Heist, 9-5 day job, day trading
Long term.. Performance Online Marketing, Bank CEO, NFL/NBA/MLB athlete

Go for whatever you are comfortable with.

I am seriously not trying to screw with you. Its just running across this site it seems like everyone is doing this marketing thing entirely different than all of the things i have been trying to learn.

Examples of what you have been trying to learn please.

Explain how everyone is doing marketing different from what you are trying to learn please.

I asked you these four questions earlier and you answered two of them:

Why are you here? Just trying to find a way to make internet marketing be able to work for me.
What are your goals?
Are you, or have you ever been, a marketer? no i have never been a marketer
What is your past business experience?

I am just trying to figure out why these ways are worth me focusing my efforts.

Well, I would suggest that you first read our Wiki and take notes. Then, go to the following thread,
As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started, and sit down with your favorite beverage, a pad, and a pen. Take copious notes. Once you have read the entire thread, then add your own well thought out post at the end of the thread.

You can't focus your efforts until you have a reasonable understanding of what this industry is about, a rudimentary understanding of its components, and its players.

Just trying to find a way to make internet marketing be able to work for me.

Well, this is forum that is dedicated to helping Newbies get their respective feet on the ground and hit the game running in some ways. However, first one must understand the basics first. There are an abundance of Newbies in this forum that have cut their respective teeth in marketing by utilizing the the great core of experience made available to them in this forum. You can do it too. Read, research, follow the advice of the professionals and the Newbies that have generated both failures and successes to get ahead of the game.

banners
Back