The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Practical to Exstream.. whats in between?

devinrayolsen

affiliate
Hi,
I was pointed to check out the site Shareasale.com for a affiliate program that meets my clients requirements.

Now this client has come back and asked me to find something between Shareasale.com and Googles affiliate program.

Is there are program that's in between the two in both cost and affiliate generating turn around?

Please anyone?

Hi devinrayolsen,

Not really. In terms of cost and size I don't know of a good option in between.
I think you have already pinpointed the best 2 of the top 4. The other 2, CJ and Linkshare are much higher in cost.

What type of product is it? (not specific, just general market)

Oh that's right. Well either network then I think would be good.

Google Affiliate Network is my client, so if they decide to go that route I can do a personal intro for them. GAN has a do it yourself option that's quite a bit less expensive than their full program I think.

Let me see if I understand this right. LinkShare and CJ are just affiliate lead generating services correct? shareasale.com is an actual online program that manages our signed up affiliates right?

So is Google a mix of the two, both a managing program and lead generator?
If so then forget about price, is not an issue at this point, can you recommend any other services that are both a managing program and lead generator?

I am sorry for being a pest is just I am getting told to go find more options with all the information I have already given them and its like... what else do you want to know.

You know the sad thing is that I am not a marketing guru at all I am a internet application developer... why they have me doing this instead of our marketing manager I don't know.

No all 4 are Affiliate networks, not lead generating services.

Affiliate networks do affiliate tracking, reporting, banner serving and pay the affiliates. They are the TECHNOLOGY infrastructure between the affiliate and merchant, but no affiliate management is included in the regular network fees.

None of them manage affiliates unless you pay an extra fee. The 5,000 - 10,000 I mentioned for CJ and Linkshare that's just to set up the system. That does not include management. Last I heard their management fees were 6,000 a month or more on top of the regular network fees.

What many people do is hire an OUTSOURCED affiliate manager. This person or company would recommend the right network, set everything up for them and do the actual management of the program. I recommend a good outsourced manager over getting a manager from the network. It's MUCH less expensive and I think you get more personalized attention.

I can refer you to someone good and reasonable.

There seems to be some disconnect and this is all much easier to explain by phone. So email me to set up an appt for a free consult and I can explain it all.

Hey that sounds great, I let my boss know about contacting you in a meeting and I am awaiting her response. I will let you know once I get word from her Linda.

Thank you so much for all the help!!

Devin

MI
Back